Would you move...

Options

Replies

• JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    That is a hard question i think you have to weigh all the pros and cons. I don't think I would. I truly love where I live, it's a good commute for me to the office and I love my gym. My family is not as close as I would like but still not bad. All that being said if I really liked the guy it would be a hard decision to make but I probably won't.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    That is a hard question i think you have to weigh all the pros and cons. I don't think I would. I truly love where I live, it's a good commute for me to the office and I love my gym. My family is not as close as I would like but still not bad. All that being said if I really liked the guy it would be a hard decision to make but I probably won't.

You might be the first person who doesn't want to get out of Jersey
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I moved to Dallas 5 yrs ago for a girl, we broke up but its a good experience...
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    In a heartbeat. With my job I could move to at least 20 different states so as soon as my son graduates high school I plan on leaving. They are my only family (other than my 95 yr old Grandma) so I have no reason to stay. I will visit them where ever they end up and things will be great!!!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt....if the custody thing with my youngest son allows it.
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    Taking notes of which women to hit on...

I'd love to find someone who was willing to move and be with me, it would be hard for me to do it, own a home, buncha pets, bah...

Unless I was able to find another job within the same company making more money. Then I'd be all about a change of pace and location!
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    I don't think I could...My job has been great to me for my age and is real stable and I make quite a bit doing it. I own a house and land next to it for additions if I wanted so my foundation here is pretty solid in the ground forcing me to not be able to move. Not to mention all the sports leagues I'm in around here i've gotten really attached to lol.

If I met someone on here that I felt a great connection with and we were ready for this step i'd most likely attempt to get her to come to me, if not, i'd end up having to let her go and cry and eat ice cream for the next 2 months lol
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Yep. Girl I've been madly in love with for a couple years now lives 8 hours away, we're close friends but if she ever gave the green light to something more I'd find a way to move absolutely anywhere.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Not too long ago I was in long distance relationship and would have moved in a heartbeat but couldn't due having split custody with my son's father. My BF couldn't move either due to work and family obligations. Really sucks since we had an awesome relationship. We just couldn't handle only seeing each other every 4-6 weeks. We are still best friends and extremely tight.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Yup.. as long as it wasn't too far from my family or if it was, we'd have the means to come visit them at least 3-4 times a year. So like Meatloaf said "I would do anything for love.... but I won't do that!" (move across the country if I can't see my familia.)
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I can live away from family. I see no reason to let my life be held back for that. They'll always be there for you. And yes, I love my mother.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    If I "might" ? Not likely. There would need to be a level of commitment involved for me to uproot like that.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I doubt it, I've got a great job, a house, and I'm close to most of my family. It would take someone really, really special to leave it all behind and I'm not so sure someone like that even exists anymore.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I wouldn't move too far from my daughters/family. I'm 3.5 hours away from my youngest and 5-6 from my brother. 3.5 from my parents too, but don't think I'd go any further than that. When they graduate, I'll think about it.

One poster said there are so many factors involved and she's right. My first reaction when I started this thread was that most would say no. I wouldn't...but factoring in certain things might change my mind.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Probably not unless it was back to MN.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    :frown:

but but... my city is so.... its just... but its GOTHAM!
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    It would be hard for me to do it with my daughter. she goes to a really great school where God can be talked about its a small country school she thrives so well there. He would have to be a really great guy and a definite future for me to move unless he was an Arkansan boy :) I wouldn't mind if it was another state not very far like oklahoma , or Texas .
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options

GOTHAM CITY rocks! Are you catwoman?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

GOTHAM CITY rocks! Are you catwoman?

NEWP

5133274_6058.jpg
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I would probably, unless it was to some terrible place.