Food Diary/Daily Calorie Goal

quie618
quie618 Posts: 102 Member
I have my calorie goal set to my TDEE - 15% (2,068) so it will tell me how many calories I have remaining based on that figure.

When I go to look at past days, it has different numbers for my daily goals. Yesterday it says 2,303 and before that 2,384. Is that because of the exercise I did? It's just very confusing and it's making me confused about my daily calorie intake. Suggestions?

Replies

• Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    I could not see your exercise but I know that when you add it in, it adds the calories back into your total. I just make sure that my calories burned from exercies is the minimum calorie deficit for the day. My goal is 1880 and I have added about 200 calories in exercise so I will make sure that 200 does not go back in my mouth.

Hope this helps.
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    I have been entering exercise as "custom exercise" and I enter 1 minute + 1 calorie. I write an exercise note in my diary to remind me of the exercise, the minutes spent doing it and how I felt. Hope that helps. I don't see my caloric goals changing when I do it this way and it makes it very clear for me. I also do this because if I have a heavy cardio day, I don't care to see my net so low!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    I have my calorie goal set to my TDEE - 15% (2,068) so it will tell me how many calories I have remaining based on that figure.

When I go to look at past days, it has different numbers for my daily goals. Yesterday it says 2,303 and before that 2,384. Is that because of the exercise I did? It's just very confusing and it's making me confused about my daily calorie intake. Suggestions?

Since you have a custom target set in MFP, when you enter in exercise put it in as 1 calorie burned. This will keep your daily number perfectly consistent.

Mike
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member

Since you have a custom target set in MFP, when you enter in exercise put it in as 1 calorie burned. This will keep your daily number perfectly consistent.

Mike

Ah great, thank you!