Weekly Challenge: June 4-10

Options
- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 94 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 201 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 309 minutes of exercise

- To earn a Fitness Enthusiasts+, Fitness Buff+, or Fitness Elites+ designation you need to drink 8 or more glasses of water everyday! (8 glasses = 8 cups = 64 ounces)

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

- Bring a Friend - Part 2. This week's side challenge is to encourage someone to participate in the challenge who either hasn't before or has been absent for awhile. If your friend completes this week's challenge you both earn a ♥.

Fitness Elites:
Ellie
Paul+

Fitness Buffs:
Sonya
Debbie+
♥ Carrie+
Sara Grace
Jill

Milestones!

Ellie, welcome to Elite! Awesome numbers!
Paul has brought in the biggest numbers our groups has ever seen for one person!! Looks like 676 minutes is the new number to beat folks!

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Pick a level. Set a goal. How much exercise can you get in this week?

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- *NEW* "Variety is the Spice of Life" (Rotating Monthly Challenge/RMC June) This month's challenge is to add new exercises to your repertoire. Is there something you have always wanted to try? Rock climbing, Zumba, Cycling, Yoga, Boxing? Maybe you finally want to tackle that rowing machine? Each week if you try one new activity you can earn a ✓ by your name on the results list. (Note: You can also claim any activity you haven't done in over a year for this challenge.)

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

To report in at the end of the week, please fill out this little "form." Thanks!!

Exercise Minutes:
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was)
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?)
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5)
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Showing Up is Half the Battle

Here is our current "Showing Up is Half the Battle" leader board (i.e. most consecutive log ins).
    Sonya - 260 days
    Ellie - 140 days
    Kelli - 140 days
    Debbie - 110 days
    Carrie - 85 days
    Paul - 80 days
    Susan- 75 days

**You'll need to report in each Sunday or Monday to be included in the leader board. Let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. I will be updating your numbers in increments of 5 for simplicity's sake.

If you would like to be added to the log in board let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. We will update as we go! Good luck everyone!
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    I'm in for the big daddy this week, personal goal to burn 3500 calories and to try the row machine at the gym
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Goal this week is buff. Personal goal: Stick with my sprint training, getting all the biking, running and swimming in.
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Last week was a great week for me. This week will be a struggle as due to the national holiday for the Queens Jubilee the gym was closed yesterday and is closed today. I'm going to try for a session on Wednesday and Thursday first thing in the morning to make up for it. Then my fiance and I are going away for a few days. I just hope the weather holds up and i can convince her to go walking with me. My goal for next week will be to log over 500 minutes which might mean fitting in some extra cycling sessions around work. For variety is the spice of life I'm going to try out the stepper at the gym. The motion of the thing always made me feel queasy but I'm game for another go. Good luck for next week gang :smile:.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I'm going elite this week.

Have to think on the personal goal....
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm in for buff. I think this week I'll go for average carb 40% instead of a set number of days. I need some success this week :tongue:

Have to think about the spice of life one.
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    hey all! I am at 225 minutes right now. I am battling a migraine today, in which I stayed home from work because of...So, it looks like I will be at Buff for week, don't think I'll log enough for next category up :( Good news tho, looks like the pool at my apt complex is opening up!!! Woo hoo! So, I can go there really soon! Also, I plan on purchasing a bike, hopefully Saturday night after work!
  • Misterbigg37
    Misterbigg37 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is my first goal here...I'll try going for Buffs...I started out this week very well with a run and a weights and squat session already. Great start to my week. I'm feeling it already though in my legs. Upper body is fine. I hope to regroup and hit it again hard. As for the weight loss it's flowing steady. Shorty-Have fun with your company, just don't over do it. You did not lose it all in a day, so you will not gain it all in one day. You can do it.

22480669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 231
    Personal Goal: Stuck with my sprint tri training
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" : Swimming! I finally figured out how to do the front crawl without kicking so much....So much easier! Now if I can get the breathing down, I'll be good.
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5): 275 (280 tomorrow :))
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 613 minutes for 3852 calories burnt. Down to 6.3 from last weeks 9.0 calories burnt per minute of exercise last week.
    Personal Goal: Yes i managed over 500 minutes
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): yes, had a go on the stepper and found it much easier to use. Will be adding to my gym workouts from now on.
    Days logged in: 85
    Water: Yes
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    292 minutes of exercise the week and 140 on days logged I think
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    405 minutes logged of exercise as of today for the week! We walked around at Cedar Point for like 3 hrs and left earlier than planned since we got sick on a ride :(
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 420
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was): YES I made my 3500 calorie burn and squeaked in at 3508
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?): YES I tried the row machine at the gym and I am addicted!
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5): I hit 100 today!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Gah, I got consumed with cleaning for our company Sat and didn't get my run in, so felt short of my exercise goal by 15 min (unless cleaning counts, lol)

Exercise Minutes: 220 minutes
    Personal Goal: yes! since I've decided to use the average I made it, though it was only 2/7, but very low carb those 2 days :smile:
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): nope, not much opportunity to do so.
    Days logged in: 120!
    Water: Yes