INTRODUCTIONS...WHEN YOU JOIN PLZ POST HERE

Options
mudypupy
mudypupy Posts: 52 Member
PLEASE GIVE US ALL SOME BACKGROUND ON YOU... A LITTLE OR ALOT WE DON'T MIND.

ATLEAST YOUR GOAL WEIGHT AND HOW YOUR GOING TO TRY TO GET TO THAT GOAL.

Replies

• phoenix3050
    Options
    I'm new here. Tired of seeing my weight only go up. I was up to 237, but have started my weight slowly going down. I'm walking 3x a week, which I find a chore since I live in Texas and it's already hot by afternoon. I hope to squeeze in more exercise throughout the week as well.

I've been logging everything that goes in my mouth. I hope to keep that up. I've got about 100lbs to lose.

I'm starting to plan a vacation for next summer. A little motivation for me to stick with my fitness and improve my weight.
  • mudypupy
    Options
    I'm new here. Tired of seeing my weight only go up. I was up to 237, but have started my weight slowly going down. I'm walking 3x a week, which I find a chore since I live in Texas and it's already hot by afternoon. I hope to squeeze in more exercise throughout the week as well.

I've been logging everything that goes in my mouth. I hope to keep that up. I've got about 100lbs to lose.

I'm starting to plan a vacation for next summer. A little motivation for me to stick with my fitness and improve my weight.

welcome!!!
    good job trying to exersize. good job logging what you eat...i found i was eating not bad foods but ALOT of food wheni started charting...i found on here others see it and i become accountable for what i eat...its been a great boost to do good!! i figure about almost 100 myself...everyday i try to find something to do that keeps me on my feet for 30 min more than before...less sittin or watchin tv.. i always eat breakfast...i hated that...never ate before noon before but it really kickstarts the metabolism and maked the body not think its starving so it uses the calories right instead of holding them. and water ....uggg... lots n lots of water.
    i have tons of tips...just ask...anytime!
  • Nayyah
    Nayyah Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, i'm also kind of new here, I came to MFP after looking in the mirror and realizing i need to change. My starting weight was 257 and through a couple of weeks of hard work i got down to 250. My goal weight is 150, to work toward this goal i have logged all of my food and tried to work out at least 5 days a week whether it be a 20min. of walking or a full blown workout routine. In joining this group i hope to not only give others support and inspiration but to get some as well. Hopefully we can all reach our goals together.
  • mudypupy
    Options
    Hi, i'm also kind of new here, I came to MFP after looking in the mirror and realizing i need to change. My starting weight was 257 and through a couple of weeks of hard work i got down to 250. My goal weight is 150, to work toward this goal i have logged all of my food and tried to work out at least 5 days a week whether it be a 20min. of walking or a full blown workout routine. In joining this group i hope to not only give others support and inspiration but to get some as well. Hopefully we can all reach our goals together.

welcome!!
    what a great start...
  • dancedanceatl
    dancedanceatl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I have been on MFP for about a month and have lost some way but have a loooooong way to go. I have always been a fat, active person. I know that seems like an oxymoron but its true. I was on the dance team in high school; danced throughout college and even took some classes since becoming an "adult". I need support and MFP to help me figure out where I am going wrong food-wise. Maybe you guys can suggest some things to help me handle stress and conquer my issues with food. My goal is to weigh about 140 (Now at 215) and finally wear a mono-kini (look them up they are fabulous! lol) My plan to get there is working out at least 5 days a week for about an hour. Like I said before, I think my other major hurdle is figuring out ways to relieve my stress; I am in Sales and its a high-stress job where I sit at a desk all day. I can reach for food at anytime to keep me awake, or just as something to be doing. I feel like I have ranted for forever now so I will just listen to what you guys have to say :-)
  • mudypupy
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I have been on MFP for about a month and have lost some way but have a loooooong way to go. I have always been a fat, active person. I know that seems like an oxymoron but its true. I was on the dance team in high school; danced throughout college and even took some classes since becoming an "adult". I need support and MFP to help me figure out where I am going wrong food-wise. Maybe you guys can suggest some things to help me handle stress and conquer my issues with food. My goal is to weigh about 140 (Now at 215) and finally wear a mono-kini (look them up they are fabulous! lol) My plan to get there is working out at least 5 days a week for about an hour. Like I said before, I think my other major hurdle is figuring out ways to relieve my stress; I am in Sales and its a high-stress job where I sit at a desk all day. I can reach for food at anytime to keep me awake, or just as something to be doing. I feel like I have ranted for forever now so I will just listen to what you guys have to say :-)

welcome...
    couple tips. eat breakfast...make it a protein and a simple carb.(fruit) i like egg on whole grain toast with oj. the protein helps the carbs you eat strech out so you have longer energy and don't hunger as fast...as for impulse bordom eating ...put only things healthy to munch on on your desk. you can eat pickles till the cows come home...(have alot of salt tho) i used to munch on nuts and antipasto salad (pickled olives and other yummies...almost no calories...again tho can be alot of salot so drink lots of water) another good desk munchie is nuts. about an ounce of almonds is best. pre package your munchies tho or you will find your self eating too much.
  • deszili
    deszili Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi! I'm 19, going into my second year in college and I just want to lose weight and become a more healthier me! I never had support so if you all could add me and share tips/stories I will really appreciate it!
  • JWB42
    JWB42 Posts: 112
    Options
    Hello, I'm 43 and obese. Well, I'm actually morbidly obese and need to lose 114 lbs. If I can do that, I may even try to lose more :o)
    I love MFP so far! The calorie counter has really helped me keep myself honest. It's hard to believe how many calories are in certain foods! I'm new to the site only 6 days or so, but I have made some new friends and everyone is so supportive.
    Good luck to everyone and keep the tips coming!
  • nstratton_1
    nstratton_1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I'm 52 years old. I recommitted to losing weight about 2 months ago. Starting wt. 347.25 and goal wt is 200 (or more? I'll reassess once I get to 200). I seriously considered weight loss surgery (WLS), but didn't want to do something that drastic. And, being an emotional eater, surgery won't cure the root cause of why I'm overweight. So, what's motivating me to lose? My sparse social life and my desire to not have to do surgery.

I'm a type II diabetic, using an insulin pump, have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I decided to follow the type of diet a surgery candidate is put on - so I'm doing the Take Shape for Life (TSFL) program of portion controlled meal replacements (5 a day) plus one "lean & green" meal a day (that's about 900-1100 calories per day). I know it will take at least a year to get the weight off - and my lifetime to keep it off. But, I'm optimistic about being successful. So far I've lost 31 pounds. TSFL includes a free health coach, and I'm blessed with the one I got - she is great and we talk on the phone once per week.

A few things are different than other times I've tried to lose weight...including me logging everything in MFP. Also, I use a FitBit - which has unexpectedly motivated me to be more active and get more calories burned doing activities. Also, I'm being tough with myself about MEASURING portion sizes! I'm not good at guessing how much quantity anything is. Another difference is that I'm reaching out to others for support. In addition to my health coach, I'm trying to be more active in MFP groups for support.
  • Casey8
    Casey8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Casey I am 23 at my heaviest I weighed 127kg (279lb). I am currently sitting at 111.8kg (260lb) I don't really have much support and it has been really hard so far but I have tried to maintain healthing eating and exercise. I have joined this group to meet other people who are in the same situation as me so we can support each other in reaching our goal weights.
  • o2barichgirl
    Options
    PLEASE GIVE US ALL SOME BACKGROUND ON YOU... A LITTLE OR ALOT WE DON'T MIND.

ATLEAST YOUR GOAL WEIGHT AND HOW YOUR GOING TO TRY TO GET TO THAT GOAL.
  • caring4cath
    caring4cath Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there peoplz,
    Not sure if I am getting this right. LOL.
    Glad to meet you all and to know that I am not alone.
    Am 48 years old and am determined to get a healthier lifestyle happening.
    Am tired of struggling to get off the couch, and here because 'dreamermoth' recommended
    the site. I live in Australia, am happily married, and have children and grandchildren.
    Life has been a challenge over the years and the weight has gone on and off, and on, lol, so time to
    get it off and keep it off. So want to just get healthier choices happening, and get
    healthier lifestyle, so I can enjoy life more.
    I weigh around 124 kg and hope over time, to get down to around 90 kg and then see
    what and where to go from their. I have decided to start a little at a time. So here, logging food,
    becoming aware of what goes in the mouth seems a great place to start, and have started walking
    15 minutes a day. Don't have a routine work life, so having to make me time a priority.
    Thanks for listening and hope to hear from peoplz soon. take care
  • caring4cath
    caring4cath Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Go Casey, keep it up. and know what you mean about support.
    Look forward to hearing more from you as your journey along.
    blessings
  • JC4d
    JC4d Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi my name is Jan. I'm a 56 year old grandmother of 6. I work full time and sit all day at a computer. At my heaviest I weighed 295. I ended up having a heart stent and lost 55 pounds but I've been stalled for 5 years. I downloaded the MFP app to my iPhone a few days ago and I love it. It is so easy to keep track of what I eat. I love being able to scan the bar code and having all of the info pop up on my phone. I've never had luck counting calories because it was so much work to carry the little book around and then try to find what you were eating in the calorie book and write everything down and then add it all up. It was so much work. This app is wonderful. We went to a breakfast buffet on Sunday and I was able to track everything I ate. The advantages of using the app were I had to eat slower since I was trying to log everything and I realized I was full before I overate. I've been on so many diets in my life, but I'm hoping this new life change will finally get me on track.
  • o2barichgirl
    Options
    I joined MFP after my baby sis lost 23 pounds simply tracking her eating with MFP. I'm so surprised at how much I like keeping track and continually am shocked when I look up the things I used to eat without thinking. I've got 140# to lose and have only been dieting for 3 weeks. I'm using Diet-to-Go out of Virginia. It seemed expensive but after I calculated how much I was spending at fast food and restaurants 3 meals per day (I'm a single professional without lots of casual friends to dine in with so drive-thrus were my routine), it's actually about the same. Once I get a little further down the path, I want to begin trying to find time to prepare my own meals for the week over the weekend. I battle with depression and right now it's simpler for me to deal with the dieting by using the freshly-prepared, fast frozen healthy Diet to Go menus. Obesity runs in my family and my other sister is having gastric bypass. I've chosen this way instead. Thanks for allowing me to join this board.
  • mudypupy
    Options
    Hello, I'm 43 and obese. Well, I'm actually morbidly obese and need to lose 114 lbs. If I can do that, I may even try to lose more :o)
    I love MFP so far! The calorie counter has really helped me keep myself honest. It's hard to believe how many calories are in certain foods! I'm new to the site only 6 days or so, but I have made some new friends and everyone is so supportive.
    Good luck to everyone and keep the tips coming!

welcome and ask aWay as you need to
  • mudypupy
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I'm 52 years old. I recommitted to losing weight about 2 months ago. Starting wt. 347.25 and goal wt is 200 (or more? I'll reassess once I get to 200). I seriously considered weight loss surgery (WLS), but didn't want to do something that drastic. And, being an emotional eater, surgery won't cure the root cause of why I'm overweight. So, what's motivating me to lose? My sparse social life and my desire to not have to do surgery.

I'm a type II diabetic, using an insulin pump, have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I decided to follow the type of diet a surgery candidate is put on - so I'm doing the Take Shape for Life (TSFL) program of portion controlled meal replacements (5 a day) plus one "lean & green" meal a day (that's about 900-1100 calories per day). I know it will take at least a year to get the weight off - and my lifetime to keep it off. But, I'm optimistic about being successful. So far I've lost 31 pounds. TSFL includes a free health coach, and I'm blessed with the one I got - she is great and we talk on the phone once per week.

A few things are different than other times I've tried to lose weight...including me logging everything in MFP. Also, I use a FitBit - which has unexpectedly motivated me to be more active and get more calories burned doing activities. Also, I'm being tough with myself about MEASURING portion sizes! I'm not good at guessing how much quantity anything is. Another difference is that I'm reaching out to others for support. In addition to my health coach, I'm trying to be more active in MFP groups for support.

welcome!!

please dont take me wrong i do not wish to put down any way you can find to lose weight or get healthy. my background has taught me that "diets" may work but at some point in time you have to return to normal life...reality...then what? the weight comes back on. please atleast while your on this "diet" you find out and use the time to learn how to become healthy when your done with it. healthy living is not a "diet" reality is everything you put in your mouth is a diet so you simply need to put good things in it. not harmful ones. i have put many harmful things in my body and i have not alot of will power so i buy only healthy items and prepare only what i should eat...thats not easy with 4 kids...even nibbling while making diner can intake 300-500 calories. but i have figured it out and now i don have to think about it...i auto eat differently ... and will forever....hopefully. i still use support and a diary but everyone should have a positive friend!!!!

here is a great paper on portions and amounts of food to eat.

http://img.webmd.com/dtmcms/live/webmd/consumer_assets/site_images/media/pdf/diet/portion-control-guide.pdf
  • mudypupy
    Options
    Hi my name is Casey I am 23 at my heaviest I weighed 127kg (279lb). I am currently sitting at 111.8kg (260lb) I don't really have much support and it has been really hard so far but I have tried to maintain healthing eating and exercise. I have joined this group to meet other people who are in the same situation as me so we can support each other in reaching our goal weights.

welcome!!
    ask away and reach out whenever you need a shoulder , punching bag or someone to knock sence in you...we all need it once in while!!
  • slpknt84
    slpknt84 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi this is my first day on here. I'm currently 400lb even though I don't look or feel like it. I've been obese my entire life. I don't ever remember being "skinny ". But I'm ready for a change. I need to lose at least half of my weight. My goal is to stick with something and not get bored and stop. I hope I meet more like-minded ppl during the possess.
  • mudypupy
    Options
    Hi there peoplz,
    Not sure if I am getting this right. LOL.
    Glad to meet you all and to know that I am not alone.
    Am 48 years old and am determined to get a healthier lifestyle happening.
    Am tired of struggling to get off the couch, and here because 'dreamermoth' recommended
    the site. I live in Australia, am happily married, and have children and grandchildren.
    Life has been a challenge over the years and the weight has gone on and off, and on, lol, so time to
    get it off and keep it off. So want to just get healthier choices happening, and get
    healthier lifestyle, so I can enjoy life more.
    I weigh around 124 kg and hope over time, to get down to around 90 kg and then see
    what and where to go from their. I have decided to start a little at a time. So here, logging food,
    becoming aware of what goes in the mouth seems a great place to start, and have started walking
    15 minutes a day. Don't have a routine work life, so having to make me time a priority.
    Thanks for listening and hope to hear from peoplz soon. take care

welcome!!!
    here is a goood page on portions it really helped me to realize just how much i was eating..,even good foods.

http://img.webmd.com/dtmcms/live/webmd/consumer_assets/site_images/media/pdf/diet/portion-control-guide.pdf