Net Cals

Options
LMiller81
LMiller81 Posts: 94 Member
Hi -I've been on MFP pretty regularly for a few months now and my big question for those who are 170ish is... what are your net cal goals? I feel like I'm usually at too little (1200 seems impossible) or too much (1600 feels like a ton). I know this varies from person to person, but just wondering what y'all try to aim for...
Any thoughts would be helpful.
Thanks! :happy:

Replies

• WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I NET my GOAL or super close to it :)...so 1290
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I eat 1900 a day no matter if I workout or not. I'm also part of the group Eat More to Lose Weight. There are a lot of people eating around 2000 on a daily basis and still losing weight every week. I could never survive on anything less than 1500 a day.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I eat 1900 a day no matter if I workout or not. I'm also part of the group Eat More to Lose Weight. There are a lot of people eating around 2000 on a daily basis and still losing weight every week. I could never survive on anything less than 1500 a day.

Are you eating exercise calories? If you eat 1900 a day no matter what, then if you burn 900 are eating that back to keep you at the 1900.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Are you eating exercise calories? If you eat 1900 a day no matter what, then if you burn 900 are eating that back to keep you at the 1900.

No I don't eat calories back unless I go under my BMR which is around 1530. Typically I only burn between 300-600 depending on if I do cardio or weight lifting. And I usually lift more than I do cardio so I usually don't have to eat back anything.
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    mine varies, usually between 1200-1600
    1200 only when I eat my excercise calories back.
    I could never live off only 1200 and workout and not be hungry
  • LMiller81
    LMiller81 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, this is helpful!
  • GIAngel222
    GIAngel222 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1310 calories a day unless I work out. If I work out I will eat more that day but I try to remain under my calorie goal on the days I work out.