No jumping on the scale for a month ... who's with me?

Options
twoboys2012
twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
Ok I read it over and over again and I am so very very guilty of it myself and I am personally sick of the grip my little flat platform has on me. :grumble:

I currently jump on my scales sporadically throughout my week, as well as on my 'official' weigh in day and i am just bouncing around the same kilo. I read Mike's 'Why Scales lie' thread and it has pushed me over the edge (in a good way :laugh: ). I am sick of looking at it and not seeing anything that truely reflects my hard work.

I am losing cm/inches slowly :happy: and so I am definitely seeing progress but I just keep coming back to that darn platform and getting low about it ... what is it with that thing and me ... I know it is not a true measure! :noway:

I figure if it is something visual I wanna see then i am going to put a chart up on my wall where i can see it every day and put my measurement loses so far and see that as my 'new number' to define me not the scale number. :love:

So who is with me ... whether you are starting out to measure and yet to see progress or have been doing for a while feel free to join me in the battle against the scale!!! :mad:

So here is my plan
-No scales for 4 weeks
-Measuring every week instead

Come on people, do yourself a favour and free yourself from the platform :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh I don't think I can do it! Can I start with no weighing for a week?
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    Ohhhh I don't think I can do it! Can I start with no weighing for a week?

That is exactly what i thought when others said they would be not jumping on scales but I have now had enough of the disappointment and blaming things like water retention, TOM etc etc so here goes. The tape measure is my new bestie and the scales are going away.

What ever you happy with :happy: That's a great start! ... I just wanna gain the control back and not be a slave to something that isn't a true representative to my progress. Are you measuring too?
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    Come on guys ... the measuring tape is the one you should be focusing on ... ignore the scales and go by your clothes, how you feel and if you need a number go by the measuring tape. I feel freer just making the decision and my scales are safely tucked away.

Well in the past week I have bounced around the same kilo but I have lost another 2cm/0.8 inches. That is a total of 6cm/2.4 inches in one month. Whoop whoop!!!!

Scale may continue to bump about but my clothes are looser and I am losing cms/inches and feeling quite proud. Yay for me!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    well its been 3 days since I got on the scales. so I'll join you
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    well its been 3 days since I got on the scales. so I'll join you

Yay ... well done ... your off to a good start!
  • kay_bear52
    kay_bear52 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I so need to do this. I know it is horrible but I get on the scale twice a day. I try not to but it is a problem that is for sure
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    I so need to do this. I know it is horrible but I get on the scale twice a day. I try not to but it is a problem that is for sure

Welcome aboard ... the scale knows nothing of what you are going through and is a terrible representative of what you are doing ... remember the best guide is a measuring tape. I can't believe how it has easily taken the place of my scales and I already feel just as attached to the tape as I was to the scales. Put those scales out of site or even better get someone to take them away or hide them. You don't need them!!!

You can do this!
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options

That is exactly what i thought when others said they would be not jumping on scales but I have now had enough of the disappointment and blaming things like water retention, TOM etc etc so here goes. The tape measure is my new bestie and the scales are going away.

What ever you happy with :happy: That's a great start! ... I just wanna gain the control back and not be a slave to something that isn't a true representative to my progress. Are you measuring too?

Oh, I know! It can be hard to break the scale addiction. I weigh and measure once a month at Curves. That should be plenty, but I still find myself stepping on the scale every day (sometimes multiple times...why?!?!) So I'll start with a week, and if I can get through that, maybe I can shoot for a month :)
  • twoboys2012
    Options

Great stuff!

Oh, I know! It can be hard to break the scale addiction. I weigh and measure once a month at Curves. That should be plenty, but I still find myself stepping on the scale every day (sometimes multiple times...why?!?!) So I'll start with a week, and if I can get through that, maybe I can shoot for a month :)
  • twoboys2012
    Options

Great stuff!
  • kels136
    kels136 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm new to EM2WL but I have done lots of research and I think it is the right lifestyle for me.

I used to be bulimic with anorexic tendancies, I have been recovered for 2 years now and eating properly but I have gained all my weight back. I love my bum and boobs they left me when I was ill but now they're back I feel like a woman again!! I just want to lose 10-15lbs and tone my stomach, inside thighs and arms. The scale also had a hold over me for 3 years and it is the worst thing...why do we let a silly number define who we are and how we feel on a daily basis?!?! Now I'm recovered I don't take much notice but I am with you on this, I want to never get on that scale again and just go off how my body feels and measurements. Its all about being healthy and happy :-) xx
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    A few days ago I said I was going to hide the scale, but I didn't. :embarassed: Shame on me! After months, years even, of never stepping on the scale (except at a doctor appointment) once I started dieting I became a scale-aholic. HELP!
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I've been 9 days no weighing so I am already on board with you. I just measured this last week. yes going by inches is a lot better so count me in.
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I am not weighing myself until my reset is over, which will be June 30th! Then I'll be cutting just in time for my 4th of July vacation.
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    im in...june is scale free month for me. i was going to measure every week but i've been wondering if maybe every 2 weeks would be a better judge....

i catch myself thinking about getting on the scale at least 3 times a day and wishing i hadn't given it to my mom to keep at her house till july!

i saw the scale at our daycare providers house when i dropped my daughter off today and had to use the bathroom and almost jumped on!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Dang....I've already jumped on it. I knew I couldn't stay off of it.
  • nostripewhite
    nostripewhite Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hell, I'm in.

It'll be nice. Won't have to roll back the mat on the floor... Good deal.

No scale til July 5th.
  • patty43ck
    patty43ck Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! That scale can stay in the closet forever as far as I'm concerned! That flat *kitten* has caused me enough grief!! :))
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm new to EM2WL but I have done lots of research and I think it is the right lifestyle for me.

I used to be bulimic with anorexic tendancies, I have been recovered for 2 years now and eating properly but I have gained all my weight back. I love my bum and boobs they left me when I was ill but now they're back I feel like a woman again!! I just want to lose 10-15lbs and tone my stomach, inside thighs and arms. The scale also had a hold over me for 3 years and it is the worst thing...why do we let a silly number define who we are and how we feel on a daily basis?!?! Now I'm recovered I don't take much notice but I am with you on this, I want to never get on that scale again and just go off how my body feels and measurements. Its all about being healthy and happy :-) xx

Thanks for sharing ... awesome stuff and you have come so far. Well done!
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    A few days ago I said I was going to hide the scale, but I didn't. :embarassed: Shame on me! After months, years even, of never stepping on the scale (except at a doctor appointment) once I started dieting I became a scale-aholic. HELP!

I hear ya! It is like a horrible obsession but remember you can get back in control and get someone to put somewhere or take to a friends house for a while ... out of site out of mind??? Maybe? ... I now have swapped my obsession with the tape measure and not sure about still having an obssession is the right thing or not but it is def more of a rep of what my body is becoming.

We can do this!!!