Polar FT80 Voted Best Strength Training Watch

Options
jyska
jyska Posts: 728 Member
Anyone use this or know if it lives up to it's review? Or is it just another gimmick? Here's the excerpt that particularly interested me:

'...[It has a] unique strength training program that tells the user precisely when to begin their next set while weight lifting or doing intervals. The fact that no other watch had this technology made the product a clear front runner according to Squire.

The key to proper strength training is knowing exactly the right moment to begin subsequent sets. Rest too much and much of the benefit is lost or, rest too little, and it increases the risk of injury or fatigue. Having a tool that recommends the precise moment to begin again can be a real advantage, especially when training at high intensity.'

Here's the review: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/10/prweb8826320.htm

Just curious...

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hmmm can't wait to hear myself!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. Dubious. If that is the deal ...don't see the benefit. I wouldnt spend extra for the watch to "tell me" when to start the next set. I have a fairly basic Ft4 .... I like it . I move fairly quickly , rest if I feel I need it ...let my body be my guide .... Tend to not rest much. I think I'm fine : )