Maybe too TMI? Constipation

Do you guys experience constipation? I have that once a while, but lately past week I've experienced more constipation. I hate it :(

I start my 5th week of reset tomorrow.

Replies

• Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Yep, i sure do, especially with the increased protein. I have to make absolutely sure i get 30g of fiber when I eat 100g of protein. I think I need to increase it in comparison with addition grams of protein.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I have been constipated my whole life. Sometimes going 10 or more days in between going.

Since I started eating more I am going every day or every other day.

This is also when I changed my macros to 40/30/30. I think getting in those healthy fats really helps as well as the additional food.

Not sure why you would be constipated. Do you track fibre? I track mine and make sure to get between 25-35 grams per day.
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    I eat high in fiber, so that should not be any problem.. ugh.. I guess my body has hard time break up carb, protein and fat since I've been sticking to low calorie/low points plan for long time :(
  • missdimpley

Not sure why you would be constipated. Do you track fibre? I track mine and make sure to get between 25-35 grams per day.

Me too. I've been constipated ever since I started losing weight almost 5 years ago.

I was told it happens when I'm under eating.. lol :) I've been doing good until past week.. it is weird.. my fiber intake for today is 52g!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member

Me too. I've been constipated ever since I started losing weight almost 5 years ago.

I was told it happens when I'm under eating.. lol :) I've been doing good until past week.. it is weird.. my fiber intake for today is 52g!

How bout your protein intake and your water intake...those all play a role.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    And if all else fails....teaspoon of mineral oil will have you cleaned out real quickly and gently.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Ahhh so your problem might actually be too much fibre! 52 grams is a lot.

25-35 is recommended and a lot more than that can actually bung you up!!

Try to aim for between 25-35 and drink lots of water.

And as mike said, mineral oil will help. Or really any healthy oil, put some in a smoothie.
  • missdimpley

How bout your protein intake and your water intake...those all play a role.

my protein is pretty high too.. reasonable amount of protein. usually hit 30%. I drink a lot of water.

I was told that by eating more fiber helps a lot.. sigh.. I have no idea why. I eat clean, so most of times they are high in fiber... :)
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    I have been constipated my whole life. Sometimes going 10 or more days in between going.

Since I started eating more I am going every day or every other day.

This is also when I changed my macros to 40/30/30. I think getting in those healthy fats really helps as well as the additional food.

Great advice! Also psyllium husk in the morning and evening helps me get going.
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    I'm finding the increase in protein has the opposite effect...
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Haven't had a problem with it unless I eat cheese, then I use coconut oil in oatmeal, or into something else.
    Works like a charm and good for ya!
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    I've often joked that all I need is coffee and a good run and I can plan my entire morning. Do you take any stimulants like coffee? Combine it with physical exercise, see what happens.
  • hhindsle
    hhindsle Posts: 43 Member
    And if all else fails....teaspoon of mineral oil will have you cleaned out real quickly and gently.

My husband has a lot of problems. He has also tried the mineral oil. Take it before bed. By morning you are fine. It does taste icky though. Since then his sister told him to eat mangos anytime he has "issues". Works like a charm for him. Good Luck.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    I too was constipated. As I said in another thread I was eating lots of veges, drinking lots of water and eating fish twice a week. I started taking a fish oil capsule with Omega 3 once a day and I'm back to normal.