What speed of BF% change are you experiencing?

Options
JaimeNJ
JaimeNJ Posts: 51 Member
I know we're all different. I know we're supposed to expect a weight gain before sustained loss. I know fat weighs a lot less than muscle.

I'm curious as to how quickly/slowly BF% is changing.

**QUESTION** - If I am doing this correctly, what kind of rate of change should I expect to see with BF%?

When I first calculated mine, I tried the military calculator Kiki suggested. I instantly disregarded it because I thought the the 45% BF number was just over-the-top insane. Shame on me - my fitbit scale pretty much confirmed it.

Since starting to eat more to weight less (around 5/18), my weight has fluctuated between 174.4 lbs (on 5/18) to 179.2 lbs (on 5/29). I am now at 178.4 (on 6/3).

According to my scale, my first somewhat apparently accurate BF% was on 5/31 and measured at 42.8%. Yesterday it was 42.4%.

My goal is 25%. I am trying to focus a lot more on strength training and less on cardio. I don't log all of my strength training, but I will work on that.

Thank you!

~ J

Replies

• ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    At the beginning of May I had 27% BF. As of yesterday I have 26% BF. My husband started in March with 25% BF. As of yesterday he is at 21% BF. I have no idea what I started with last Nov, but if I had to guess probably around 31%-34%.
  • JaimeNJ
    JaimeNJ Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply!