this can't be right.....can it?

Good morning!
So I started the EM2LW about a week and a half ago. I was eating 1400 plus exercise calories (so usually 1700-1800). After struggling with the decision of using the fat2fit numbers or the scooby numbers I upped to 2200. Started NROLFW last week and cut my cardio back to 2 days per week instead of 5. This morning the scale says I lost 5 pounds. I honestly don't trust the scale at all and I'm reluctant to put the new weight in MFP. Do you guys think it's for real or should I wait & see if it holds true for a week or so? I was actually expecting to gain weight and not lose for a while after upping my cals.
Thanks!
Angie

PS - I also added a protein shake with breakfast and one after my workouts to try to get that number up.

Replies

• rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    I always record my lows. Even though I know I will fluctuate up and down. Record it!!

And 10 days was the magic number for me too. I recorded a loss from my Eat More Start Date on day 10.

Congratulations!!!
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Awesome. Gives me something to look forward to.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I also record my lows :)
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Today is two weeks for me and I have lost four pounds. Have been holding pretty steady since Friday, and have been noticing a lot of positive body changes since beginning to eat more. You never know what it may do next week, but I would record it.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Ive been back into it for 2 days (just finished day 3) and have been eating incredibly clean...and this morning i was down 2.42 pounds....so its definitely doable....definitely record it :)
  • Thanks Ladies! I'll record!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    I record my lows. Unless you're standing on the scale holding a balloon, there's no way it's registering less than your actual weight.

Yes, you may bounce right back to a higher number the next time you weigh due to water, etc... but celebrate that low!
  • lovesharmony
    lovesharmony Posts: 71 Member
    Great Job! Please record your new weight!
  • irunsf85
    irunsf85 Posts: 74 Member
    I'm in the same boat as you! I'm a compulsive weigher so I stepped on the scale yesterday evevening after getting home from work. It read 118, the lowest I've been in a long time! This morning I weighed myself and its 118.8. I'm still in disbelief because I was also expecting gain. I've been on the program for about 4 weeks now and I think it's starting to work!

I'm gonna record my weight from this morning even though it was lower yesterday afternoon, just because I normally weigh and record in the mornings.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    That's great! Take every success!