Just a baby vent

graysmom2005
graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
Last night I had to tape myself teaching Sh'bam (dance group exercise class) to send to corporate to get assessed. I've been rocking my dresses for 5 weeks now, and had to put on my dance pants and workout top for the tape. And they were very snug. And I looked very thick. I was so uncomfortable and self conscience . I went from looking lean, to puffy and stuffed in my clothes. And on purpose. I'm at week 5 with nothing but looking worse...but I know it could take another few weeks. So I'm holding on! I want to drop the calories back down to 2000 so badly..but I won't...oh, but I wanna...but I won't! LOL

I have kickboxing shorts that I bought to wear to my first Bodycombat class today....I'm so afraid to even try them on. I'm afraid I won't be able to fasten them....

Ok, rant over! Thanks for listening.:frown:

Replies

• techmom29
    techmom29 Posts: 103
    Hang in there! I am 3 months in and though the scale hasn't changed for me (even though I'm in reset mode), but I have firmed up and lost inches. It'll happen. I promise. :happy:
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Aahh, BIG HUG hun! I know exactly the feelings going through you and the frustration.
    I keep telling myself PATIENCE!! *something I suck at*
    But then I go look for some success stories, ladies eating 1800/2000 calories and more...and get my confidence back a bit.

One of my motto's..."anything of worth is worth waiting for!"

Good luck to you for todays class, I'm actually sure you will rock it!! You are beautiful, confident and healthy...believe in yourself!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jmmscccslp
    jmmscccslp Posts: 42
    ugh that is a bummer! but...you can do it! think of all the times you have "dieted" in the past without success. if you could have done it the right way back then, think of where you'd be now!!! hang in there! in the grand scheme of things, this time is nothing!
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    hang in there :)

live video of yourself is almost as evil as the scale.
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    I feel you girl. I feel you girl. I feel that way past few weeks.. but what can we do? This is FOREVER. we need to beat this worse phase of all. UGH... HUGS! have fun at dance class todaty!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    I am really thinking you should do the reset first. You have come this far, you might as well go all the way! From all the other threads I have read, the people who started at 15% cut either saw zero change because they didn't do the reset or saw changes fairly quickly.

I have been doing the reset after doing the 15% cut first for 3 weeks and really, it wasn't much different. I did get that bloated feeling again at first but I am in my 2nd week of the reset and feel great.

Also I think you should take Lucias advice and do the reset for 8 weeks then only do a 10% cut then another 5% if/when you plateau.

I just feel for you and worry you will do all this then not see the results you were hoping for and decide to cut your calories even more which won't work, just like before EM2WL. My estimated TDEE is 2643. If I am eating that much with my activity I am sure yours should be much higher. I question if mine is a tad low and I usually end up over anyway. Here in a few weeks I will have to add some more to my running temporarily and will be upping my cals to match.

I give you many many hugs because I have seen you struggle for awhile now just as I had so I hope you really consider upping your cals. If you are so willing to do anything to lose such as cutting calories, go for it and be so willing to lose that you will try upping your cals! I think you will be pleasantly surprised:flowerforyou:
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Hugs! Hang in there. A few more weeks and then it's over.
    You can do it!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    You only have a few weeks left, and you KNOW the "weight" you gained isn't fat!
    Don't be surprised when you take take the cut and start dropping like mad!!!
    Until then, more (((((hugs))))) for you!:flowerforyou: Stay strong!
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    You can do this! From what I have read, once it starts to move, the inches will melt off.....and you have worked so hard for the past 5 weeks just stick through another 3.

Big Hugs to you for staying strong!
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    You can do this. I keep watching your posts and am excited for the day you post "IT WORKS!"
  • graysmom2005
    You can do this. I keep watching your posts and am excited for the day you post "IT WORKS!"
    thanks everyone!! I REALLY hope a reset isn't in my future as my average TDEE is 3000 calories. That's just SO MUCH for a 5ft 6 girl. And expensive! I took pictures and hope to show results soon! I mean yesterday I burned over 3500 cals! It's gotta drop soon? Right???? LOL!
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    It sounds like you DO need to eat more... You're not trying to lose lbs, just improve body composition, right? If your average TDEE is 3000 calories, why are you still eating 2500? For your goals a 15% (or more) cut doesn't seem to be appropriate. Especially if your TEE yesterday was 3500, you definitely should have taken in additional cals.
  • graysmom2005
    It sounds like you DO need to eat more... You're not trying to lose lbs, just improve body composition, right? If your average TDEE is 3000 calories, why are you still eating 2500? For your goals a 15% (or more) cut doesn't seem to be appropriate. Especially if your TEE yesterday was 3500, you definitely should have taken in additional cals.
    Well my average is around 3000 so my cut is 2500 according to scooby and BMR. I did want to lose weight, yes. I couldn't get below the 150's to save my life. That is why I was trying this. Also to lose inches. I'm not heavy lifting though due to lack of time in my work schedule. My rest day was 2600 so I guess it evens out?

I finally watched the video! OMG!!!:sad: :sad: :sad: My butt looked a LOT bigger and my gut was super puffy. I did not look fit at ALL. :ohwell:
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    hang in there :)

live video of yourself is almost as evil as the scale.

Live video is more evil than the scale in my opinion!!! :grumble:
  • graysmom2005
    And in spandex no less!!:noway: