30's Daily - 6/5

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)

Replies

• shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    C'mon lurkers! I feel like I'm talking to myself! :tongue:

I was feeling a bit down yesterday about the weight yo-yo that's been going on the last few weeks, but I feel re-energized this morning. I'm noticing the love handles are starting to smooth down. I just keep plodding along with exercise and food choices, it will come eventually! Right?!?
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Debbie - I totally feel your pain with the stubborn weight yo-yo...I keep losing and gaining the same 2-3lbs no matter how much I bust my hump working out. In general, the bumps and bulges are improving (I think), but darn it, I'm impatient to see changes in the numbers, too.

I just got back (last night) from a long weekend with the in-laws. My husband's family is great, but DANG they are the masters of serving up unhealthy food. Normally I guess it would have been better, but my nephew's high school graduation party was on Saturday, and his mom ordered 125 pieces of fried chicken from a local joint...there was so much left over that it became Sunday's dinner as well. Fortunately (I suppose) for me, I detest fried chicken, so I didn't eat any, but that only meant that my "meals" were made up almost entirely of side dishes (which really aren't that much better than the fried chicken :grumble: ). I did my best to stick to half-sandwiches and salads (which were sadly pre-dressed), but I admit that several handfuls of baked Cheetos and a couple of buttermilk biscuits were involved as well...

I am in much need of a diet reboot this week, especially since I'm going on vacation in less than 2 weeks, and I am anticipating a significant amount of bikini time - we're going to Vegas, and several members of our group are big fans of starting every day with a few hours at the hotel pool :frown: Hopefully some extra dedication to biking, lifting, and eating well over the next two weeks will help me be a little more prepared for that...
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Man I feel like there just isn't enough time in the day lately! Coming off a bad weekend of eating and drinking so I'm hoping the scale will agree with me by the end of the week. Right when I feel like I'm on top of things I seem to just start self-sabotaging! It all just started going downhill during the potluck lunch Friday and basically continued until the end of the day saturday. Ah well, new start this week!

I really need the scale to get back in the 150's. Seeing the number 160 or over is just driving me nuts and totally killing my motivation. I'm (sorry ranting) just fed up with everyone saying its water weight, its sodium, its muscles repairing, its your body adjusting, up this, lower that....argh! I've been doing all of that for 4 months! I should be freaking adjusted by now and losing weight! Thank you for listening :smile:
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Good morning from rather cold and wet England. I'm feeling a little better after last nights freak out. I put it down to a really bad day manifesting itself in a big increase in appetite. I just grazed till i thought i was going to burst and the mirror was not very forgiving. I tend to have issues with me gaining weight again at the moment. I'm trying slowly but surely to increase my calorie intake to aid my strength training. Having been so careful it feels completely alien to me and goes against everything i've been doing. So yeah i freaked out. The gym is opened again today and i'm going to fit a session in. Also spending the day with my folks and if the weather holds up we'll be doing some walking.

Hope everyone's doing ok :smile: