Estimating, averaging and eating ?'s

DaysFlyBy
DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
I'm getting different BMR and TDEE quotes from everywhere.

Calorieline: REE - 1179, TDEE - 1566
Scooby: BMR - 1294, TDEE - 2007
Fit Girls: BMR - 1293, TDEE - 2004
Cordianet: BMR - 1265, TDEE - 1961

I want to be as accurate as possible so should I average them, or is one site more reliable than another or...? And does eating at TDEE mean that's how much I actually EAT total or should I be NETTING that much? If it's only my total food intake for the day, man, I've been eating closer than I thought to TDEE all along! My average daily caloric intake in March was 1567 and in May it was 1729. My average daily net in March was 1001 and in May it was 1344. So obviously I was netting well below BMR at first, now it seems I'm overshooting which is healthier, right?

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Most of us seem to be using scooby or fat2fit calculators. They are all technically an estimate anyway but give or take 100 calories shouldn't matter too much.

Personally I would use one of those 2.
  • HeidiHoMom
    Also, what are your stats? THose numbers seem pretty low?
  • DaysFlyBy
    I'm 5' 1” (5' 1.75” to be exact lmao) and currently 120 lbs (or was until I started EM2LM but I haven't weighed in a few weeks), I want to get down to at least 115 lbs. I guess I'm moderately active. Are those the stats you need?
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    TDEE is actual the amount of calories you need to eat to MAINTAIN weight.

You need to shoot for your TDEE - 15% or so to create a deficit to lose weight.
  • DaysFlyBy
    Yup I figured I'd do a mini-metabolism reset and eat at TDEE for two weeks if I could figure out what my TDEE is and whether I should be eating it or netting it every day...
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Yup I figured I'd do a mini-metabolism reset and eat at TDEE for two weeks if I could figure out what my TDEE is and whether I should be eating it or netting it every day...

Ah gotcha! TDEE includes exercise, so just hit your TDEE everyday regardless of exercise and your good to go!
  • HeidiHoMom
    You didn't post your age but I put you in as 40 (just randomly). With your stats and if you were 40 you should be eating 1676 and never net below 1272. And that is at a 15% cut. I would suggest since you are 5 lbs from goal that you actually eat a smaller cut then that too.
  • DaysFlyBy
    You didn't post your age but I put you in as 40 (just randomly). With your stats and if you were 40 you should be eating 1676 and never net below 1272. And that is at a 15% cut. I would suggest since you are 5 lbs from goal that you actually eat a smaller cut then that too.

You were close, I'm 35 =)