lifting with high intensity program?

I am in week 2 of insanity and I have been trying to lift 5 days a week as well..wondering if that is a good idea? I have been doing it straight after my workout but I think I dont give my all bc I am tired. So should I wait till after I am done with insanity or should I keep it up but maybe do it in the evening when I have been fully recovered awhile?

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    What are you lifting routines? Are you working the same muscle groups two days in a row?
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    High intensity cardio burns alongside of heavy lifting tend to just counteract each other and burn you out. In a perfect scenario that would make Lucia and Kiki happy, you'd lift 3 times/week and do 1-2 cardio days....but if you are trying to finish a program and don't want to change that yet, you may want to just focus on that for now and then reorganize your workout to include lifting later. :smile: But definitely work that lifting in at some point!
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    I tried doing Insanity and other stuff ie soccer, weights, cardio, it was too much and I ended up injuring my leg. Insanity is some intense stuff, I would just stick with that. Just my experience.
  • Mommareed4
    Mommareed4 Posts: 144
    What are you lifting routines? Are you working the same muscle groups two days in a row?

Monday upper body
    Tuesday lower body
    Wednesday off
    Thursday upper
    Friday lower
    Saturday upper
    Sunday off
    The next week I switch: like Monday would be lower and so on. Also I do a little bit of abs a day..different kind of crunches planks etc
  • Mommareed4
    Mommareed4 Posts: 144
    I tried doing Insanity and other stuff ie soccer, weights, cardio, it was too much and I ended up injuring my leg. Insanity is some intense stuff, I would just stick with that. Just my experience.

When I first stared EM2WL I was doing weights and 2 cardio days...really wanted something to challenge me for a bit :) then ill get back to that ruetien