Shakey during 30 day shred

tigerlily8045
tigerlily8045 Posts: 402 Member
I am on day 5 of shred and the last 2 days I have been starting to get shakey/twitchy as soon as I start. I mean that I can't do the jumping jacks in the beginning without it starting in my legs. For anyone who has restless leg syndrome it sorta feels like that while I am working out. I have been eating around 1700 calories (with the exception of Sunday) My hubby thinks that I need more carbs but I am wondering if it is more carbs or more protein before I work out that would be best. My BMR is 1543 and TDEE - 15% is 2033.

Replies

• KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    What are ure macros set as?
    If its not already Id change it to 40carbs/30protein/30fat.
    Make sure u get lots of protein in. And take a rest day rather if u feel u need it. Its not worth an injury to push too hard.
    I love 30DS myself but now that I do NROLFW I find it too much for my muscles, need the rest to make my muscles stronger and repair.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    I'm doing the shred too (L2D3) and was shakey the first few times.
    Now I eat a protein bar an hour before I work out (protein, carbs, and fats) and I feel pretty strong during the exercises.
  • trosewine
    trosewine Posts: 88
    I have been eating around 1700 calories (with the exception of Sunday) My BMR is 1543 and TDEE - 15% is 2033.

30DS is pretty intense the first few times. I agree with above poster that a snack an hour before might help.

By the way...If your TDEE-15% is 2033, is there a reason you are eating around 1700?
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 402 Member
    well I was one of those in the 1200 cal camp and am slowly working my way back up as I am learning and doing more excercise. I didn't want to jump right back into eating all of these calories because I haven't learned to choose wisely yet. If I have extra calories I eat cookies =) So decided to go middle of the road for right now. Oops TDEE-15% is 1714 not 2033.. looked at wrong number.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    well I was one of those in the 1200 cal camp and am slowly working my way back up as I am learning and doing more excercise. I didn't want to jump right back into eating all of these calories because I haven't learned to choose wisely yet. If I have extra calories I eat cookies =) So decided to go middle of the road for right now.

A banana smoothie with a scoop of protein powder BAM! 300 cals extra (or even more depending on how many bananas and what else you throw in) Problem solved with little food preperation and minimal planning.

Bananas to be used in smoothies can be bought bulk on the cheap and thrown skin and all in the freezer. The skin will go black but the banana is fine. When you go to make it take the banana or two out of the frezzer and immerse in water for a couple of minutes to soften the skin so it peels. Having them frozen makes your smoothie all icecreamy. I use rice milk due to lactose intolerance. So, so, good.

I did the softly softly build up approach but progress isnt linear when you choose to do it this way. You need to find the threshold where your body says ok NOW I have enough energy to get things right. I think you will know what I mean when you hit it.

Other note on frozen bananas - When you buy a bunch and you have a housefull of kids or an ever hungry partner, bananas disappear at a frightening rate. If you throw your supply in the freezer no renagade snacker is going to throw out your planned menu for the day.