One month on EMTLW

Ok. One month is over with. One more month before I do the cut.

I can't wait for this fullness to go away. some days I'm always hungry but other days I'm always full. I guess my body is trying to catch up and trying to see if it can trust me again.

Feeling like a loser for doing this to myself for so long time. Anyone feel that way right now?

Replies

• Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    haha...as I was reading through some research about metabolism resets and things that got me in the situation I'm in, I looked at my husband at one point and said, "I'm starting to feel pretty darn stupid...I've done everything I shouldn't have! No wonder I'm in such a mess..."
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    haha...as I was reading through some research about metabolism resets and things that got me in the situation I'm in, I looked at my husband at one point and said, "I'm starting to feel pretty darn stupid...I've done everything I shouldn't have! No wonder I'm in such a mess..."

Yeah i am starting to think what I've been doing is causing emotional eating, binge eating, etc. It is all about science/math.. I have not done any emotional eating or binge eating for past month... It is CRAZY!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Stop beating your self up! You're a pretty wonderful person (been reading your posts) and it's what you're doing now that counts! Your half way into the reset and your doing great! Keep it up and you'll be done before you know it!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Completely. Why on earth have I beat my body into the ground, yelled at it, starved it and felt uterally despondent for the past however months...YEARS? All because I wasn't properly feeding it. :grumble: Poor thing... it was like someone kicking an injured animal when it was already curled up hiding into a corner. Terrible. 100%. Terrible. :sad:

I'm hoping at this point as the reset progresses, my body and I can learn to be friends. :flowerforyou:

There's that little part of me that still is freaking out, saying * THIS is not going to work EITHER dummy!*....but for some reason.... the reasons why nothing ELSE has worked, even things that ONCE did semi-normally, THIS makes COMPLETE sense. More than any other approach. You can't run a car on no gas and a dead battery!!!!!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    I look at your stats ladies, and I'm just in awe of what you've accomplished... this is just the next step... a VITAL step towards true health and vitality. The weight loss you've achieved is not for nothing... it was important, but now it's important that you learn to sustain the loss while nourishing your bodies with what they need.

You guys are awesome!!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    I wish I had realized it the first time around when it took me so long to lose 100 pounds.. that should have been my wake up call then that something wasnt going right, but I just kept lowering the cals, plateauing and lowering even more.
    Stupid..
  • missdimpley
    yeah ya'll. I just need to speak up how I am feeling about this. yes, I have my own doubts. I mean.. will this work? but math and science says it all. I have to get through this reset then cut, so that way my body say OH.. ok... I have enough food, so less food this time so I'll let some fat go and gain muscles LOL.. I think I'll start 10% cut.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member

Yeah i am starting to think what I've been doing is causing emotional eating, binge eating, etc. It is all about science/math.. I have not done any emotional eating or binge eating for past month... It is CRAZY!

I've been thinking the same thing. Sure I have a bad day now and then, but there's no "falling off the wagon" sort of thing. When following weight watcher's in the past a bad day would turn into a bad week, bad month, etc...I think it's because I was so hungry that when I did binge it would last and last and last. Now I can have a bad day and it's not a big deal to get right back to it the next day. I've not felt the need to binge at all. My "bad" days now are really just slightly over TDEE and I've only had 2 or 3 of them since starting this journey. I just don't feel the need to go nuts with food. I LOVE this eating more!
  • missdimpley
    [/quote]

I've been thinking the same thing. Sure I have a bad day now and then, but there's no "falling off the wagon" sort of thing. When following weight watcher's in the past a bad day would turn into a bad week, bad month, etc...I think it's because I was so hungry that when I did binge it would last and last and last. Now I can have a bad day and it's not a big deal to get right back to it the next day. I've not felt the need to binge at all. My "bad" days now are really just slightly over TDEE and I've only had 2 or 3 of them since starting this journey. I just don't feel the need to go nuts with food. I LOVE this eating more!
    [/quote]

I agreed! I feel less guilt about it as well. I am going out of town next week Wednesday to Tuesday. I am determined to stay on plan by eating good amount of protein, etc (will be bringing almonds, protein bars, buy greek yogurt, etc) but at same time I'm going to enjoy myself some food.. maybe once a day or something. I always gain 7-10 lbs from vacation due to eating at 1,200 or 26points (my body had to hold these lbs in case if I starve myself again), which I did.I had to do cleanse and lose all of them. So stupid. LOL
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Stop beating yourselfs up :) I <3 you guys.
  • missdimpley
    Stop beating yourselfs up :) I <3 you guys.

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

lol:blushing: :happy: :laugh: :flowerforyou:

I promise I'm not beating myself up, just wish I never did this to myself or otherwise I'll not be doing this to myself right now.. I hate the reset process (except for more food LOL)
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    So everyone here has huge losses, did they come from EMTWL? I new. Feeling pretty sloths, cut back on exercise, stuffing my face all day ( with healthy stuff) ! I feel soooo swollen!
  • Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    So everyone here has huge losses, did they come from EMTWL? I new. Feeling pretty sloths, cut back on exercise, stuffing my face all day ( with healthy stuff) ! I feel soooo swollen!

I don't have huge loses, but my answer is no. I started at 1200, lost a bit then stagnated for months until I found a link that brought me to this group. Upp'ed my calories and finally starting to see a downward trend again.