Critique this program plz....

Hello!

Okay I have some time this summer (teacher here) to get serious about my eating and fitness partly because of my high blood pressure (want to get off my medication) and partly to just feel good.

So I am starting this new 12 week program by Jamie Eason over on Bodybuilding.com, in fact there are a few groups here dedicated to her program but they kind of seem to have fizzled out. The program is completely spelled out for you for the entire 12 weeks down to the diet and the what exercise to do each and every day. Every 4 weeks begins a new phase with a new plan, and exercise.

Currently I am in Phase 1 Day 1 which for the first month says NO CARDIO just lifting 4 days a week which freaks me out because of the NO CARDIO, but I'll deal.

So I just started today and I have to say I feel good if a little bloated from eating every three hours but I am not tired (yeah!), but heres my issue I am running the calories numbers for my day with the exercise and I'll have a net of 999 Calories after my hour of lifting which freaks me out. Maybe I ran the numbers wrong or am missing something.

So what is your advice here? Can you build muscle on the below food plan with the exercise. The food plan is taken from the Jamie Eason live fit group here on MFP....which is copied directly from the Jamie Eason program over on Bodybuilding.com

Link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-introduction.html

Female Diet for Phase 1!
~Eat first meal within an hour of waking.
~Plan ahead! Designate a food preparation day.
~Measure and weigh everything whenever possible. Purchase measuring cups and a kitchen scale.
~EAT EVERY THREE HOURS (usually 5 or 6 times a day, depending on when you wake up)! It’s the secret to speeding up your metabolism. Be on time!
~Drink lots of water! May have coffee & tea with Stevia or a no-cal sweetner.
~Take a daily multivitamin. If lifting weights, you might consider taking an additional calcium supplement.
~Take one tablespoon of Flaxseed or Fish Oil daily. Flaxseed and fish oil actually aid in weight loss and encourages healthy bowel movements. (Mix in oatmeal or mashed sweet potato after heating food. Do not heat flaxseed.)
~CONSISTENCY IS KEY! If you have a day where you slip up…DON’T GIVE UP! Start fresh at your next meal or the next day. YOU CAN DO IT!

Breakfast - 5 egg whites
Unlimited vegetables (see list)
1 serving of starch (see starch list)

Mid-morning- 2 turkey or chicken muffins (see recipe), OR homemade protein bars (4 squares) OR Small meal option (see list)

Lunch- 6 ounces of lean meat (chicken breast, white meat turkey; white
fish like tilapia and orange roughy, boiled shrimp, egg whites)
Unlimited salad and vegetables (see list)

Mid-afternoon- 2 turkey or chicken muffins (see recipe), OR homemade protein bars (4 squares) OR Small meal option (see list)

Dinner- 6 ounces of lean meat (see above)
Unlimited salad and vegetables (see list)

Evening- 5-6 egg whites**

** No carbs (starch) after 7:00 PM (or about 3 hours before bedtime).
Limit fruit to twice daily: berries first thing in the morning and then a half a citrus serving or banana after a workout with your protein shake. Carry a small apple in your gym bag at all times in case an energy slump hits

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    Her program is not the ideal program for a beginner, and half of her dietary rules are nonsense.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    A lot of this doesn't make sense. Do cardio if you want. The reason MFP makes sense is because it doesn't require you to follow a zillion rules about what kind of food you can eat and when you can eat it, because ultimately that doesn't matter AT ALL (especially when you have a significant amount of weight to lose). Counting calories gives you an idea of what your diet is already like, what changes you can make to make healthier choices, and how much you should eat to justify the amount of exercise you normally get.

I agree this is not a great plan for a beginner. The only people who should be following diet rules like these are people who don't have weight to lose but are fine-tuning their bodies for performance and competition. It's all really unnecessary when you're just looking to lose weight and be healthier in general.

Ultimately I think this plan is REALLY restrictive and it's not a good long-term choice.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    From what I have read and heard her say, Jamie Eason is a "fitness model" and her plans are based around what has worked for her. She isn't a registered anything, just a fitness model.

I would never create a program based on what worked for me because I am not certified to do so, she shouldn't be either.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    From what I have read and heard her say, Jamie Eason is a "fitness model" and her plans are based around what has worked for her. She isn't a registered anything, just a fitness model.

I would never create a program based on what worked for me because I am not certified to do so, she shouldn't be either.

I highly doubt that she even created this program. It's more like her being paid to lend her likeness to a program created by bodybuilding.com.

Moral of the story: don't take fitness advice from an online supplement store.
  • Try reading the new rules of lifting for women; you can get it on amazon for less than £10. Lots of people here rave about it. I've just started but that was after looking at the jamie Easton site n being freaked out by the unrealistic diet n training. I think nrolfw is more sound in it's advice