What if you are full??

Options
Jess830409
Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
I love the whole idea of EMTWL and have increased my calorie goal after calculating my TDEE -15%
BUT my question is what if you have a day, like I am today, where I feel I cant eat another bite...not sure if it is because I drank alot of water today or the lunch I had but I have this full feeling and I dont think I will get to my calorie goal. Is ths bad? Hate to force myself to eat but also dont want to undereat either. Any advice?

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    When the going gets tough, the tough get ice cream.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

LMAO!!! ice cream will definitely take the full feeling away:)

It can take a few days for you to adjust to eating more. Eventually you will be DYING to eat every two hours:) Eat if you can, try to eat high calorie foods like nuts and cheese, that dont require huge portions to help you use them up
  • Jess830409
    Options

LMAO...oh darn...haha!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

lol sometimes :D

Sometimes I don't make my calorie goal. You should aim to net at least your BMR in a day. But if you're netting your BMR daily you may still not be eating enough and should then continue to try and force feed by eating more frequently, adding more calorie-dense foods like nuts etc.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i must be a bit if a freak. i never experienced any of that full feeling. i was gung ho stuffing my face from the get go.

try the full fat greek yogurt if you can find it....lots of protein along with the cals and it's delicious.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

^^ This
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love the whole idea of EMTWL and have increased my calorie goal after calculating my TDEE -15%
    BUT my question is what if you have a day, like I am today, where I feel I cant eat another bite...not sure if it is because I drank alot of water today or the lunch I had but I have this full feeling and I dont think I will get to my calorie goal. Is ths bad? Hate to force myself to eat but also dont want to undereat either. Any advice?

When did you start? The super full feeling went away for me after a couple of days. Now I have no trouble eating it all!
  • trosewine
    trosewine Posts: 88
    Options
    A day here or there won't cause an immediate metabolism slowdown. It takes days in a row (but do keep in mind as little as 2 weeks eating sub 1200 cals can depress the metabolism significantly).

Instead of cramming it all in at the end of the day, try making each meal or snack a little more calorie dense so you don't have a bunch of cals left at day's end.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    A day here or there won't cause an immediate metabolism slowdown. It takes days in a row (but do keep in mind as little as 2 weeks eating sub 1200 cals can depress the metabolism significantly).

After eating 2 weeks at sub 1200 cals, how much would the metabolism to depressed?
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm with you... Sometimes I have a really tough time eating enough. On the days I can't, I don't sweat it. But it means I might go over my calories on another day. I'm HORRIBLE about eating enough calories on really strenuous exercise days (which is most days) but I really try my best to make up for it the next day.
  • secretlobster
    Options
    PS: "lite" or "low-fat" anything is your enemy and completely unnecessary. For instance... full-fat yogurt is not only more delicious but it's also higher in calories.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    i must be a bit if a freak. i never experienced any of that full feeling. i was gung ho stuffing my face from the get go.

try the full fat greek yogurt if you can find it....lots of protein along with the cals and it's delicious.
    ^^^^^ THIS! Fage full fat is to DIE for.....which reminds me....must make trip to Whole Foods. ;-)
  • Jess830409
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am about 3 weeks in and run into these days here and there. Good tips on the types of food to eat, that's probably my biggest problem. Gonna keep at it because I know it is better them ever trying to eat 1200 calories or less forever!
    Thanks again :)
  • kay_bear52
    kay_bear52 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    while eating the full fat Greek yogurt do you feel concerned about the higher sugar? Or maybe I am just looking at the wrong kind of greek yogurt
  • secretlobster
    Options
    while eating the full fat Greek yogurt do you feel concerned about the higher sugar? Or maybe I am just looking at the wrong kind of greek yogurt

Full fat doesn't mean higher sugar

I don't worry about sugar at all, though
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options

Amen to that!!!!
    I <3 eating!

On a more serious note, try to eat more calorie dense foods so you dont feel like you are eating so incredibly much. Enjoy the journey, you're not on a diet anymore, you're on a road to health! There are so many choices out there!
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I made a white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake at the weekend for my other half which is 927 cals a slice if you want the recipe?? :sick:
  • Jess830409
    Options
    I made a white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake at the weekend for my other half which is 927 cals a slice if you want the recipe?? :sick:

wow! Sounds yummy...and dangerous lol.

Thank you guys all for the help...having a better day today hunger/fullness wise.

Appreciate you all :)
  • trosewine
    trosewine Posts: 88
    Options
    After eating 2 weeks at sub 1200 cals, how much would the metabolism to depressed?

Up to 17% - but in looking at the study again, I misread - it is 2 months, not 2 weeks... this is how misinformation spreads, right?? http://www.ajcn.org/content/51/2/167.full.pdf

Interesting study, but, of course, small small sample. This study is from 1990 and could very well be the original article that many "diet experts" gleaned the 1200 cal limit from since the base for this study was that eating 1200 cals with NO exercise is about as low as you can go with minimal slowing of metabolism (about 2%). And of course, that wasn't the purpose of the study, but people will interpret to their own benefit.

Also note that the sub-1200 cal group lost more weight in 8 weeks, but gained as cals were added weekly up to 1200, then plateaued to stabilize at the same weight loss overall as the 1200 cal group had over the course of the study. (total 24 weeks, I think)...sounds like the process many here in EMTWL go through when upping cals after prolonged high deficit dieting.