Did this work for anyone who had less then 10 pounds to go

Options
jalysons
jalysons Posts: 73 Member
Hi,

I have been reading this thread for the past month. I upped my calories, but not as high as any of you would suggest and I gained a quick 7 pounds. I keep reading the forums and I am not seeing tons of success stories with people with not a lot to loose. I have about 5-10 vanity pounds to go. I want to loose body fat. I know I do way too much cardio and I have been trying to scale that back and lift more, but a few success stories of people who just want to drop the last 5-10 would be helpful.

How long did it take?
How long did you feel puffy?
Any other helpful advice?

Thanks

Replies

• rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    yep.

i started at 152.5 and i got to my goal weight of 145 exactly a month later.

most don't see results that quickly though. i almost feel bad about it. almost.

there are actually a good many folks on here that started close to goal.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    This is me. I'm on week five and I just finished TOM so I'm still a work in progress. I'm around 15 pounds away from where I'd like to be. I'm with you!
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I only have about 10 lbs to go, but I consistently lose about 1/2 lb per week since eating enough food. I'm also way more focused on inches and BF% right now, so I don't care if the scale moves or not.

ETA - I never did feel puffy because I never did the extreme dieting. I did hit a plateau for about a month until I increased calories from 1700 to 2800 (I did that for 2 weeks which is actually maintenance for me). Then I dropped to 2200 calories for a month. I was feeling hungry and tired, so I increased again to 2400 calories and cut back on some of my workouts. I've lost about 5 lbs in 2.5 months, which is what I expected. I've also dropped 2 dress sizes and at more than 1% BF (I think it's been more, but I never measured).
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    ok so i cant say that doing this has made me lose any weight, but by looking at my measurements and pictures you would never guess that. plus it has helped me drop a whole lot of body fat because my body has the fuel needed to burn the fat and increase my muscle. I do also lift heavy (i am doing NROLFW) so that helps. here are some pictures to show the difference.

This one is from jan 23rd to may 23rd, 4 months of lifting and eating between 2200-2400 calories per day.
    7157911269_6f8795f745.jpg
    january 23 to may 23 by emgawne, on Flickr

this one is feb 23rd to apr 23rd, i had the most fat to lose on my backside/lovehandles, so this shows the progress in that area.
    7108156495_d9e24a4880.jpg
    Back by emgawne, on Flickr

hope this helps you! :)
  • Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    nice progress, congrats :)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I am only 3 weeks into EM2WL, but so far I seem to be having success (keeping my fingers crossed that this continues, as I did not do the full re-set...). When I started, my weight was 156.6, and my goal is 150, so I was only looking to take off that last 6.6 pounds and really tone up...

My first week, I upped my calories from 1200 - 1400 to 1850.

Week # 1 - scale unchanged - no gain, no loss (156.6)
    Week #2 - 155.4 (loss of 1.2 pounds)
    Week #3 - 155.0 (loss of .4 pounds)
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    I am only 3 weeks into EM2WL, but so far I seem to be having success (keeping my fingers crossed that this continues, as I did not do the full re-set...). When I started, my weight was 156.6, and my goal is 150, so I was only looking to take off that last 6.6 pounds and really tone up...

are you doing reset? was you vlcd before that? It is amazing that you are having a good result with emtlw. Everyone is different when they do this procedure... apparently i've been on VLCD for so long time so my body hates me so much right now, well not anymore but I have to deal with reset procedure ;);)
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options

are you doing reset? was you vlcd before that? It is amazing that you are having a good result with emtlw. Everyone is different when they do this procedure... apparently i've been on VLCD for so long time so my body hates me so much right now, well not anymore but I have to deal with reset procedure ;);)

No, I did not do the full re-set... I just upped my calories from 1,200 to 1,400 and stayed there for one week then started EM2WL and went up to 1,880 (which is my TDEE minus 15% based on the calculators) three weeks ago. And yes, I was on a VLCD since I started this "diet journey" in October of last year. Not only did I never eat more that 1,200 calories, but I never ate back any of my exercise calories either, so I was probably netting like 600 to 800 calories a day :-/

Since starting EM2WL, I have gotten a BodyMedia Fit and am in the first week of tracking my TDEE using that... I am discovering that my TDEE is probably more like 2,500 rather than the 2,215 that I got with the on-line calculators (I am sure I just under-estimated my exercise activity...) I was planning on getting an average after the first week and re-calculating at that time. What I am NOT sure of is: after I re-do that calculation, should I raise my calories to my newly re-calculated "cut" at that time, or shoud I wait until I plateau again?
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I don't have much to lose eihter. But I am resetting at the moment, so I no success stories from my side. I am eating more for about 3 weeks now, and have gained 4lbs (I weighed yesterday, starting TTOM so it is probably less).
  • kels136
    kels136 Posts: 55
    Options
    ok so i cant say that doing this has made me lose any weight, but by looking at my measurements and pictures you would never guess that. plus it has helped me drop a whole lot of body fat because my body has the fuel needed to burn the fat and increase my muscle. I do also lift heavy (i am doing NROLFW) so that helps. here are some pictures to show the difference.

This one is from jan 23rd to may 23rd, 4 months of lifting and eating between 2200-2400 calories per day.
    7157911269_6f8795f745.jpg
    january 23 to may 23 by emgawne, on Flickr

this one is feb 23rd to apr 23rd, i had the most fat to lose on my backside/lovehandles, so this shows the progress in that area.
    7108156495_d9e24a4880.jpg
    Back by emgawne, on Flickr

Wow!! that is amazing, I was wondering what NROLFW is? I am currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and then going to move onto ripped in 30. I can feel my body getting stronger already and I currently use 3lb weights. I want to move up a notch in September.
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options

Wow!! that is amazing, I was wondering what NROLFW is? I am currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and then going to move onto ripped in 30. I can feel my body getting stronger already and I currently use 3lb weights. I want to move up a notch in September.

NROLFW is a weightlifting program. (Full name is new rules of lifting for women) it emphasizes doing compound moves with heavy weights to help change your body composition.
  • FabulousKP
    FabulousKP Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump...I have 14lbs to lose and started this new journey 6 days ago (gained 4lbs). so I am interested to hear results.
  • jenniekw
    jenniekw Posts: 104
    Options
    I"m trying. I have been doing the EMTLW but haven't seen any changes yet. I did the TDEE -15% for a month with 3 days strength and few hours of treadmill through out the week. So then I read about if you were on a VLC diet for a while, eating at maintenance for a few week first is what I should of done. So now I am doing that, started on the 1st with 3 days of BowFlex a week and cut back on the cardio a bit. I guess we will see where I go from here.