Please help. I am still so confused. Meh. :(

Options
Aprill42
Aprill42 Posts: 170 Member
Ok, so first off, Im trying to start Stage 1 Workout A.

I was shown this spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmBawuhJvld5dFBNQnRfMUNtU3F4TXc4YmdpWWQyRnc#gid=0

It is listing workouts 1-8, what are those?? It cant be 8 different sets of squats? or pushups? etc.

I understand I have to alternate between the two alternating sets (push up, seated row)..correct? Like go back and forth between those two until the sets are done.

Also, what were ya'lls calories intake on and off days? I did the calculations in the book and for the no workout I got 1978 and active workout I got 2242, so do I just pick something between those numbers? or I use the 1978 calories on my off days and 2242 when I work out?

Please help as I am sooo confused. The spreadsheet helped by breaking it down but then i got confused with the workouts 1-8 things.

Thanks!

Replies

• ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Basically, you do each workout eight times in total. So if you were working out Mon/Weds/Fri, you'd do workout A1 on Monday, workout B1 on Wednesday, workout A2 on Friday, workout B2 on the following Monday, etc. The spreadsheet gives you the sets and reps - so the first two workout As you'd do 2 sets of 15 reps, then the next two would be 2 sets of 12 reps.

I'm aiming for about 1700-1800 on my off days, and 2100 or so on my workout days. That is a small deficit, although I try and aim for no deficit on my lifting days but a deficit on my other days that's above my BMR, so I end up with a weekly deficit.

Hope this clears things up a little!
  • Fairieluv77
    Options
    For calories I actually averaged the two numbers and eat the average everyday with no deficit. Makes it much easier. It also matched the calorie goal from Fit2Fat so I figure it's gotta be pretty close to what I should be eating.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Also, what were ya'lls calories intake on and off days? I did the calculations in the book and for the no workout I got 1978 and active workout I got 2242, so do I just pick something between those numbers? or I use the 1978 calories on my off days and 2242 when I work out?

I did the calculations too, then I went into MFP--goals--change--custom, and put the "rest day" calories in the "net calories consumed" box.

Then, I found the difference in calories between a rest day and a workout day (it was around 250). Then I went to the exercise database and added a custom workout for NROL4W and made it 30 minutes and 250 calories.

That way, when I log my workout for the day, it automatically adjusts to give me the higher calories.