I'm so FULL!

Pea4jjab
Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
I am having a REALLY hard time with eating at my TDEE. I don't think I've even come close to it yet. I'm 8 days in today. No loss, no gain. Will I ever be able to eat what I'm supposed to? I'm seriously STUFFED all day long.

Also, can someone run my numbers for me and make sure I have it right?

Female
Age 43 (will be 44 on the 28th)
177 lbs.
63"

I am a stay at home Mom to 9 children (only 7 are still at home and range from almost 2 years old to 13 years old). I workout at least 3 days a week, but aim for 4-5. My workouts are 30-45 minutes long, mostly cardio with dumb bells being used 1/2 of my workout days.

Thank you!!!!

Replies

• kay_bear52
    kay_bear52 Posts: 71 Member
    I don't have any advice as I am a newbie but I just have to give you a kudos with your 9 children! I have 2 and a1 grandbaby and that is enough to keep me busy :)
  • skinnylion
    skinnylion Posts: 213
    I know the feeling! My best advice is to try eating more calorie-dense things while your stomach adjusts to accommodate more food at meals. Adding more fat (butter, olive oil) or using nuts or spreads (peanut butter, mayo, walnuts, etc) take up less space but will provide you with more calories than something that's a similar size.
  • Pea4jjab
    Bump....hoping someone can run my numbers for me and make sure I'm doing this right :) See first post!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Hello and welcome!

I ran your numbers on the scooby calculator. Your cut for "very active" which I would think most accurately describes your situation with 9 children is 2219. For "moderately active" it is 1769. I averaged the two and rounded up, which gives me around 2000. I would recommend setting your calories at this for now and not eating back exercise calories.

For those of us who are long-term dieters, it is a hard concept to eat nutrient dense foods, but if we don't we will find ourselves being sooo stuffed.

Try things like oatmeal, granola, peanut butter, greek yogurt, fruits and veggies, lean meats, nuts, protein powder, and whole grains. Stay away from "diet foods".

Hope that helps!
    Enjoy the journey!
    Becca
  • Pea4jjab
    Thank you soooooo much!!!!!!!! You were a huge help! :)