Hi new here and not sure where to start with cals

I read through the stickies when i first joined last week and looked into BMR and TDEE but can someone please point out where to go to get my calorie allowance? I am new and lost a few lbs but have been stuck for a while but have been eating between 1200-1600 it varies sometimes i am more hungry than other days, I want to be sure i am eating enough.

Is there anything i need to do? Any tips on exercise? Thanks.

Replies

• rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Most people here use this website to start with:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Just input your infomation and then eat the calories what the chart says. If ya need help just give a shout out!!!!
  • 10goal13
    10goal13 Posts: 54
    Thanks!

BMR 1538
    TDEE 1846
    Daily cals for goal 1477

so 1400-1500 seems right? And eat back exercise cals if i workout (i put sedentary into the box i hardly workout)
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Thanks!

BMR 1538
    TDEE 1846
    Daily cals for goal 1477

so 1400-1500 seems right? And eat back exercise cals if i workout (i put sedentary into the box i hardly workout)

Are you accurately factoring your Exercise in the calc? You never want to be under your BMR>

What kind of exercise are you doing during the week?

Mike
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    welcome aboard:) I am 8 days in on eat more to weigh less.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Thanks!

BMR 1538
    TDEE 1846
    Daily cals for goal 1477

If your BMR is 1538 you shouldn't be eating below that.
  • rotnkat
    Thanks!

BMR 1538
    TDEE 1846
    Daily cals for goal 1477

Daily cals seem waaaay low! So what are your stats (age, height, weight). Plus I think you're under estimating your activity level! I would at least go up to lightly active.

And remember to choose 15% for fat loss to get your calories.
  • 10goal13
    Im 20, 5'2 (or there abouts) and about 159 lb. and i don't have a regular exercise plan i go out on my bike maybe once a week for about 25 mins or so, thats about it really. I put -15% reduction into the box now and got 1569 daily cals goal, that seems a bit higher and its around my bmr too
  • rotnkat
    Im 20, 5'2 (or there abouts) and about 159 lb. and i don't have a regular exercise plan i go out on my bike maybe once a week for about 25 mins or so, thats about it really. I put -15% reduction into the box now and got 1569 daily cals goal, that seems a bit higher and its around my bmr too

I chose light activity for you because you still move around and do house work and other things, so this is what I got for you.

BMR = 1538
    TDEE= 2115
    15% cut= 1798 (eat this every day unless you work out really hard and it takes you below your BMR. Then you have to eat more calories to net your BMR).
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member

I chose light activity for you because you still move around and do house work and other things, so this is what I got for you.

BMR = 1538
    TDEE= 2115
    15% cut= 1798 (eat this every day unless you work out really hard and it takes you below your BMR. Then you have to eat more calories to net your BMR).

omg i think the lightbulb might have finally gone off ...praying i get this right.

Ok so my
    BMR= 1523
    TDEE = 2094
    gave me 1675 based on lightly active..so on days I don't exercise I should eat 1675....days I do exercise should I eat back my cals?
  • 10goal13

BMR = 1538
    TDEE= 2115

Wow really? Seems a bit much to lose weight on, i maintain at around 2000 so how much could i lose per week? I'm guessing less than 1 lb a week?
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member

BMR = 1538
    TDEE= 2115

Wow really? Seems a bit much to lose weight on, i maintain at around 2000 so how much could i lose per week? I'm guessing less than 1 lb a week?

Probably .5 - 1lb a week...its what most people are losing doing it this way.

Mike
  • rotnkat

BMR = 1538
    TDEE= 2115

omg i think the lightbulb might have finally gone off ...praying i get this right.

Ok so my
    BMR= 1523
    TDEE = 2094
    gave me 1675 based on lightly active..so on days I don't exercise I should eat 1675....days I do exercise should I eat back my cals?

Only if your workout takes you below your BMR of 1523

For example: 1675 - 300 (exercise calories) = 1375 (148 bleow your BMR)

So you need to eat 1675 + 148 = 1823 for that day, so you net your BMR of 1523 (1823-300=1523). Make sense?