Hello Tough Mudders

Options
Gaz3376
Gaz3376 Posts: 17 Member
Thought id kick this off by outlining how i plan to get my self into Tough Mudder shape.

I started my training this weekend, with Morning weight sessions focusing on compound movements, and supersets with heavy dips and weighted chin ups.
In the evenings I have been running 2 miles with 4 or 5 100m sprints thrown in immediately followed by bodyweight exercises (friday was 100 pressups, 100 Crunches, sunday 100 squats, 100 squat thrusts and last night Plank variations and body weight squats)

I go on holiday in 3 weeks for a Stag Do for a week, when i get back i plan to start increasing my weekly mileage slowly building up to one weekly run of 8-10 miles, with 1 OR 2 variations to mix things up,(Swimming, Hill Runs, Circuit training, Sprint training, Fartlek training). I also plan to join a Crossfit Gym and get involved in a couple of sessions weekly possibly before work, this seems to be the best way to get into shape quick rather than boring gym sessions on my own.

Replies

• SmudgerSmithRhino
    Options
    Hi,

Heard of these and never really knew what they were. They sound completely mental so going to give it a go.

Saw the training plan, but am going mix lifting heavy with some cardio such as swimming and cycling. I've run marathons but this seems far more challenging. What I've read about them everyone who has done them loves them.

See you there!