I am Freezing?!?

Options
autumnk921
autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
I have had extreme bouts of sweating for a couple of years now...I will pour with sweat just sitting at times...After walking on a very cool morning I will sweat so bad that I am still sweating for an hour after....I have to wash my hair sometimes 2x/day...It's not all of the time - Thank goodness....Have had hormones checked, etc...Everything is normal....

Sorry, on to my issue....For the past 3 nights I have woken up in the middle of the night with such bad cold chills that I have to put on long pants, socks and a bathrobe and walk around the house for a bit to warm up....It's crazy...I have been doing the reset now for only a week....Before that I was doing my cut for almost a month....Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and is it normal??

One other thing....I have had headaches for 3 days now as well and more tired than usual....Not sure if it's related or not but thought I would put it out there....I keep track of my sodium b/c I have heard that this can cause headaches at times...I am usually under on that b/c I hate salt but it's in everything....I could be totally wrong on all of this but thought I would run it by you all!! Thanks so much for any advice.... :)

Replies

• mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I have had extreme bouts of sweating for a couple of years now...I will pour with sweat just sitting at times...After walking on a very cool morning I will sweat so bad that I am still sweating for an hour after....I have to wash my hair sometimes 2x/day...It's not all of the time - Thank goodness....Have had hormones checked, etc...Everything is normal....

Sorry, on to my issue....For the past 3 nights I have woken up in the middle of the night with such bad cold chills that I have to put on long pants, socks and a bathrobe and walk around the house for a bit to warm up....It's crazy...I have been doing the reset now for only a week....Before that I was doing my cut for almost a month....Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and is it normal??

One other thing....I have had headaches for 3 days now as well and more tired than usual....Not sure if it's related or not but thought I would put it out there....I keep track of my sodium b/c I have heard that this can cause headaches at times...I am usually under on that b/c I hate salt but it's in everything....I could be totally wrong on all of this but thought I would run it by you all!! Thanks so much for any advice.... :)

Hmm, thats a hard one. I suffered with the freezing thing for months as well, but for me it was a result of severely undereating. Are you losing your hair? How is your skin? Those are all symptoms of the body not getting proper nutrition. As far as the headaches, I'm not sure. You may want to set up an appointment with your doctor just to make sure there is nothing else going on. However, depending on how long you've been following a VLCD, it may take awhile for your body to regulate once again.
  • autumnk921
    Options
    I know that I have killed my metabolism from eating way too little for at least 20 years...So, I knew I HAD to do the reset for sure...I have had the freezing issue in the past but it was while under-eating then as well....I have my TDEE set at lighty active b/c I don't workout like I used to....

Just to give you some stats in case it helps....
    WT:163
    Ht: 5'2"
    I am a single SAHM - I have my 3yr old son 24/7...I used to exercise regularly but since he is home from pre-school this summer I had to change my schedule which now includes chasing him...Playing bball with him and going to the playground on occasion....Trying to walk 30mins at least 3x/week.

From the scooby site (which I love btw)

BMR = 1475

Lt Exercise (1-3hrs/week)
    TDEE = 2029
    -15% = 1725

Mod Exercise (3-5hrs/week)
    TDEE = 2287
    -15% = 1944

I did the cut amount and went with 1800 on May 17th before that I was at 1600 since May 5th....Before that I was at 1400 for a couple of months...What do you think??? Lightly active or Moderately active??? Maybe I am eating the wrong TDEE amount...Not sure....I was lifting 3x/week(with Chalean Extreme) since March 1st but haven't been lifting since around May 16th except a couple of times...Also, I have an above average heart rate but have had that checked and I am in the clear on that...lol

Thanks for your help!! :)
  • mommamuscles
    Options
    I think I would recommend upping your calories to an average of the light and moderate activity level. I got 1834 when I averaged the two since I think you are in between on your activity level.
    Also, I think in your case a metabolism reset may be recommended. There is a youtube video on it that you may want to check out. :)
    Very informative.
  • autumnk921
    Options
    I just started the Metabolism Reset on May 29th....I am eating at TDEE 2029 for light exercise....So, should I eat between light exercise and moderate (TDEE 2287)?? I come up with 2158 as an average of the 2 numbers...I guess I will try this for a couple of weeks and see if it helps...Does that sound about right???Thank you for your help!! :)
  • mommamuscles
    Options
    I just started the Metabolism Reset on May 29th....I am eating at TDEE 2029 for light exercise....So, should I eat between light exercise and moderate (TDEE 2287)?? I come up with 2158 as an average of the 2 numbers...I guess I will try this for a couple of weeks and see if it helps...Does that sound about right???Thank you for your help!! :)

Yes, I would average the two and make sure you stick with it for 6 weeks.
  • theresabell67
    theresabell67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You stated you had hormones checked, what about your thyroid?
  • autumnk921
    Options
    You stated you had hormones checked, what about your thyroid?

Yes, I had my thyroid checked as well but this was a year ago so I am actually starting a new doctor closer to where I live and am going to have her run some tests again very soon....I may see an endocrinologist later as well....Just to be safe b/c something is definitely going on....

Thanks for the help!! :)
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    chills + headache...sounds like a virus...
  • autumnk921
    Options
    chills + headache...sounds like a virus...

You may be right....I haven't had the chills in a couple of day since upping my calories again to 2158/day....But I still have the headaches which may be from allergies (I live in the Ohio Valley) and its horrible here all year long....I also realized that my glands were a little swollen which happens to me on occasion...I have some antibiotics and it has helped that at least!! Thanks for the help too! :)

Just switched to a local doctor in the town that I live in so I am waiting on my first appt day to hurry up and roll around to get EVERYTHING checked out very soon!! :)
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Did you get my post Autumn?? Make sure they check for low iron, they were all my symptoms, cold, glands, headache. How is your concentration like .... I know it's a silly question when you have kids ;)
  • autumnk921
    Options
    Did you get my post Autumn?? Make sure they check for low iron, they were all my symptoms, cold, glands, headache. How is your concentration like .... I know it's a silly question when you have kids ;)

No, I didn't see your post...I will look for it though...My concentration is horrible - Worse now than it was before and that is pretty bad... :)

Going to try to find your post now....

ETA: I found it....Here is what I put after your post....Just so it's on here too:

I just went to the doctor today b/c of all of this...Plus starting last night I started having heart palpitations...UGH!! My son is at a sitters so I took today to go to Immediate Care....I am now at home wearing a heart monitor with orders from my doctor for 'No Exercise'...Then a stress test on Monday...Fun stuff.. :(

**I had quite a bit of blood work done today plus a CT Scan, and an EKG which showed an abnormal rhythm in my heartbeat....
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hopefully your bloods will show something that is easily manageable. I couldn't concerntrate to save myself, would go to the groceries and have no idea what I was getting, worse than usual. Had to write notes everywhere. I was very emotional and actually a nightmare to live with. My pms was through the roof, my poor family:(. Keep us up to date :)