Going on a trip...REALLY worried about hitting macro's

TiffyChick
TiffyChick Posts: 89 Member
So I'm going out of town for 5 days for my little sister-in-laws highschool graduation. I am going up from 2000 calories to my full TDEE during that time, which is 2350. I always have to work and plan, plan, plan to meet my macro's daily (I am set at 40/30/30). It really does require ALOT of figuring, so I plan my menus in advance, otherwise I fail. Well, I can't do that for these 5 days. I am staying with the in-laws and eating their meals that they prepare for dinner, and while I can eat better for breakfast and lunch (I'll be making a grocery run), dinner is going to be whatever my mother- in-law (lovingly) prepares. I'm packing protein powder and protein bars to help supplement. My biggest questions are:

1) Can my full TDEE calories reflect the same 40/30/30 numbers as my 15% cut, or do they get increased, according to my increased calories?

2) What is the most IMPORTANT macro to meet?

*** I will be doing some moderate hiking for 2-3 days while I'm there, but no lifting or HIIT.

Thanks, everybody! :D

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    1. Keeping the same ratio is fine, an increase of 350 calories isn't going to skew the numbers much.

2. I'd say protein, but either way, 5 days of your macros being a little off isn't going to hurt you.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    It's only five days. Your body is already awesome, you intuitively know how to eat well (whether you're confident about that or not), I highly doubt you will notice any difference when you come back if you don't hit your macros exactly

Protein is the most important.
  • TiffyChick
    TiffyChick Posts: 89 Member
    Thanks so much!!! I have been doing this for almost 5 weeks and just don't want to mess anything up...the assistance you two provided makes me feel much better! Gratitude, here. ; )