D1 L1: Share your thoughts, frustrations, advice, etc...

Options
BridgettBZ
BridgettBZ Posts: 50 Member
I'm going to start tonight after work but please feel free to share each of your 1st impressions!

Replies

• noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    wasn't as bad as i thought but the last ten minutes seemed to drag on a bit , think the warm down could have been a little longer. i did notice afterwards quite a bit of sciatica twinges when i bent down but thankfully some painkillers sorted that! also managed a 5k run as well. i used running shoes and seemed almost easy.
  • efranftw
    efranftw Posts: 3
    Options
    I tried it out first last night and got destroyed before the eight minute mark. I went back at it today and "modified" some things. I took out weights for the top-and-bottom exercises, and stopped trying to keep up rep-for-rep with the TV.

The cool-down did feel really short, I found myself still pacing around the room and stretching for a few minutes afterward.
  • bakerk1980
    bakerk1980 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I enjoy cardio - I love to run! I don't lift weights, and I've never done much strength training. That said, I believe Jillian just tried to kill me! Seriously, it sucked (but in a good way). I've never had a 20 minute workout that made me ache so much. I believe I'm either a big baby, or really out of shape (or probably both). I hate Jillian right now, but if she can get me in shape, I'll love her in the end! :smile:
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Mine just got delivered from Amazon today, and I did the level 1 workout right when I got home from work.

I didn't use weights for my first time - I only have 5lb weights in the house and I was afraid I would hurt myself and get discouraged. I'll use soup cans tomorrow, and get 2lb weights at some point soon.

I feel really good about how I did, considering I'm a smoker whose only exercise is usually walking the dog. I dropped a couple of repetitions from each circuit, but overall I was able to keep up. I was thinking some pretty unkind thoughts about Jillian during the workout, but after finishing it, I feel really proud of myself. I think as soon as I get familiar with the workout, I'll mute the TV and play my own music.
  • bga008
    bga008 Posts: 90
    Options
    Just started this today & it is my first time doing it! It was really intense! Loved it!

Now I'm just wondering....

How do I log the 30 day shred???
  • bga008
    Options
    Mine just got delivered from Amazon today, and I did the level 1 workout right when I got home from work.

I didn't use weights for my first time - I only have 5lb weights in the house and I was afraid I would hurt myself and get discouraged. I'll use soup cans tomorrow, and get 2lb weights at some point soon.

I feel really good about how I did, considering I'm a smoker whose only exercise is usually walking the dog. I dropped a couple of repetitions from each circuit, but overall I was able to keep up. I was thinking some pretty unkind thoughts about Jillian during the workout, but after finishing it, I feel really proud of myself. I think as soon as I get familiar with the workout, I'll mute the TV and play my own music.

I only have 5lb weights and decided to go all in and use them.....omg it was killer!!! But, I made it threw it...

Soup cans are a great idea for tomorrow!
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options

I asked the same question in another forum, but haven't gotten a reply yet. For now I logged it as "Circuit Training" 20 minutes.
  • schma100
    schma100 Posts: 9
    Options
    I actually started 6/05 and hope youll let me a part of your group:)
  • BridgettBZ
    Options
    I actually started 6/05 and hope youll let me a part of your group:)

Of course you're welcome!! Just promise to help keep the motivation going :)
  • BridgettBZ
    Options

I asked the same question in another forum, but haven't gotten a reply yet. For now I logged it as "Circuit Training" 20 minutes.

They don't have a 30 day shred excercise programmed so I just use the "Circuit Training" option.
  • BetherFace
    BetherFace Posts: 48
    Options
    I ordered it from Amazon this afternoon, not realizing that the DVD also included the streaming version! So of course I just had to check it out, even though I was expecting it to take a few days to arrive.

Unfortunately, I am at the tail end of a terrible summer cold and am currently nursing double ear infections along with an awful cough and I think it was a mistake to start today. I had to stop halfway through for a few minutes for a coughing fit and about fifteen minutes after I finished I got really ill- dizzy, faint, nauseous, headache... I'm hoping it's just because I'm sick and not something that's going to happen each time.
  • MisanthropeKitty
    Options
    I looked at the amount of calories that circuit training burned and then made my own exercise with the same and logged it as that.
  • TChelleD
    TChelleD Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Day 1 was intense...i used 5 pounds weights and the pushups were killer. I couldn't even do all of them. I also did it after my Couch 2 5K workout, I think on Friday I will do shred first and then go for my jog. Overall not bad, knowing it should get easier as I get stronger.
  • avelline
    avelline Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My arms hurt like I never thought they could. But I'm glad so many other people started today. This shall make it easier.
  • MisanthropeKitty
    Options
    As for how I feel, I did it this morning and then went on my 30 minute walk this evening. After relaxing in the chair and getting up to put the kids to bed, my legs are starting to feel achy in the thighs and as I was stretching just now my pectoral section feels sore to the touch. Hope I can walk tomorrow!!
  • BridgettBZ
    Options
    Circuit one is my least favorite... but I pushed through it and made it thru them all lol. Jillian is on my bad list!!
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I found this group! I started this again tonight (6-6-12). I'm actually 24 weeks pregnant and I used to be really active on MFP, and had completed 30DS twice successfully. LOVE IT. I'd gotten great results both times. I've gained 20 pounds since being pregnant though so I decided to get back on here and watch my calories to make sure I'm not gaining too fast, as well as adding in exercise since I'm getting sick of these prego aches and pains. Good luck to everyone! Stick with it, you definitely won't regret it!
  • noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The day after..my lord my sciatic back..twinge twinge twinge. going to have to do the sit up/ crunches on a big cushion rather than yoga mat .ouch!
  • bga008
    Options
    Did this 30DS for the first time yesterday, woke up this morning to weigh myself and already lost a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heck YEA! ~MOtivation~
  • MisanthropeKitty
    Options
    Whew, I am SORE!! I think my arms hurt the most probably because my legs are used to walking every day. I don't know how I am going to carry my 18 month old around today, he's just going to have to walk everywhere! LOL