Help with BMR and TDEE

tropicalgirl34
tropicalgirl34 Posts: 124 Member
I joined MFP in January and lost weight the first few months. I have been struggling with losing a pound and have even gained 5-7 pounds in the last month. I went to Scoobys workshop and calculated my BMR at 1836 and my TDEE at 2845 with 25% fat loss. When I subtract 25% I get 2134 for TDEE. I entered moderate exercise. However, I sometimes work out 6-9 hours a week including lifting almost every workout. I would love if some one could explain to me if I need to eat back exercise calories and if I should be consuming at my BMR or TDEE amount?

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    You should not eat your exercise calories back as it is factored in to your TDEE, unless your burn takes you below your BMR, then you eat back some calories to make sure you net your BMR.

Also, 25% cut it really high. 15% will keep you losing at a healthy/steady pace.

Enter your data in the scooby site and set yourself to lose 15% then it will tell you the number of calories to eat based on that goal.

If you can't figure it out then please tell us your age/weight/height as we can help you out :)
  • tropicalgirl34
    I changed my percent to 15% and the BMR and TDEE stayed the same but my daily calorie intake is 2418. That seems like way too many calories!! If my exercise does take me below my BMR often, the do I need to change to strenuous exercise?
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    I changed my percent to 15% and the BMR and TDEE stayed the same but my daily calorie intake is 2418. That seems like way too many calories!! If my exercise does take me below my BMR often, the do I need to change to strenuous exercise?

Only if you are going below your BMR everyday. You have a pretty big calorie gap between your TDEE and BMR, so it should be a problem. If it does, than maybe think about the next activity level.

Thanks,

Mike
  • tropicalgirl34
    Thank you both for the help! I sure hope eating more helps breaks this rut that I've been stuck in.