My 1 week BM Fit LINK Results

fiveohmike
fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
Hey Guys,

So I got a BM Fit and decided to wear it as much as possible for over a week to see what it thinks my stats are (averaged over 7 days. Well here are the results:

TDEE (Calories burned daily average) - 3623
Physical Activity - 43 minutes per day
Steps - 5767
Sleep Average: 6:48

My Scooby TDEE number is: 3895 at Moderate

So its fairly close. I was at a 20% cut for the Scooby, so I am gonna set my goal 20 % of the BM Fit to see if it works or is accurate. It may stall me, and if it does I will know!

Anyways Ill report back to you guys, for anyone on the fence about the BM Fit.

Replies

• Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Ooooooooooooh. Neat.
    I've totally been considering whether I want to further my obsession and try to get one of these.
    I'm a sucker for gadgetry.
    I'm a sucker for number data.
    Is this the one where you have to pay a subscription fee for monitoring/tracking all this jazz?
  • fiveohmike
    Ooooooooooooh. Neat.
    I've totally been considering whether I want to further my obsession and try to get one of these.
    I'm a sucker for gadgetry.
    I'm a sucker for number data.
    Is this the one where you have to pay a subscription fee for monitoring/tracking all this jazz?

Yes ma'am. I love it though because I am a number cruncher myself
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    So Mike, will you continue to wear your BMF daily now that you know your TDEE, or will you just wear it periodically to see whether anything has changed? It seems like a neat little device, but it seems a little pricey and I kinda don't like that you have to pay for the web service to view the data...:noway:

It seems like your numbers weren't too far off from the Scooby calculator, though...make sure to keep us posted on whether or not your different CUT value helped or hindered... :bigsmile:
  • Meatsies

Alas. I hate when they sucker you into paying subscription fees.
    Greedy *kitten*.
    I am a cheap wench.
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Awesome feedback, thank u Mike!
    Ive been wearing mine now first day, since about 12pm and Im dying to take it off and sync to see the numbers so far, but Im holding out till tomorrow morning!
    Did NROLFW today as well as 40 treadmill...so Ill see in the morning what my numbers look like, but Ill only be certain after a week I think.

Would love to hear back from u after u change ure numbers, so keep it coming! :drinker:
  • fiveohmike
    So Mike, will you continue to wear your BMF daily now that you know your TDEE, or will you just wear it periodically to see whether anything has changed? It seems like a neat little device, but it seems a little pricey and I kinda don't like that you have to pay for the web service to view the data...:noway:

It seems like your numbers weren't too far off from the Scooby calculator, though...make sure to keep us posted on whether or not your different CUT value helped or hindered... :bigsmile:

I will.... I plan on wearing it during my entire weight loss journey. I really want to see how accurate it is...if the numbers drop with my body weight ect

Plus if I am bieng a lazy *kitten* one day, i can check my phone and be like...damnt I didnt walk enough and get my big *kitten* out the door.
  • fiveohmike

Alas. I hate when they sucker you into paying subscription fees.
    Greedy *kitten*.
    I am a cheap wench.

You get 3 months free *shrug* lol
  • Meatsies
    You get 3 months free *shrug* lol

Oooooooooh.
    I also am easily taken in by the word free.
    SOLD! :)
  • clovr24
    clovr24 Posts: 56 Member
    Yeah, I bought a used one on ebay and I still get 3 months free..So you can always use it for a few months and cancel the subscription before you owe anything. (although it's only $6 a month)

I think it's definitely worth it, my TDEE ended up lower than the online calcs suggested (figures...) so I was eating at and above maintainance some days.

Mike, do you eat based off of your averages, or go day to day?

So far I am just going off my daily TDEEs and eating with a 300-500 defecit. Hoping this will work as I have tried everything else! I don't think there's any other gadgets for me to buy at this point!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 994 Member
    Good to know. I have been thinking about buying one for a few weeks now. I'm going to get a body pod test done next Tuesday and that is also supposed to give you your BF, RMR, TDEE so I'm excited to see how that compares to the calculators we use.
  • fiveohmike
    Yeah, I bought a used one on ebay and I still get 3 months free..So you can always use it for a few months and cancel the subscription before you owe anything. (although it's only $6 a month)

I think it's definitely worth it, my TDEE ended up lower than the online calcs suggested (figures...) so I was eating at and above maintainance some days.

So far I am just going off my daily TDEEs and eating with a 300-500 defecit. Hoping this will work as I have tried everything else! I don't think there's any other gadgets for me to buy at this point!

I am just going by my 7 day rolling average as I wont know what my full energy expenditure is until midnight :)
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 994 Member

See that is my fear. I fear I'm eating too much.
  • fiveohmike

See that is my fear. I fear I'm eating too much.

For me at least, it was within a couple of hundred calories. I was still eating at a deficit compared to my TDEE just not as "large" a one as my BMF said.

However, remember all tools are not 100% accurate, not even the BMF. That is why I am experimenting with it. I am fully aware that if Scooby is correct, then i might hinder/slow my weight loss a bit. I am OK with this though as I am in it for the long haul :)
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    I have fitbit so so far I burn a bit more than my tdee that was given by scooby website. I didn't want to pay for it monthly either so I'll stick to fit bit because I'm not going to be strict about this. I'm going to do reset then 15%. either way somehow I'll lose fat and gain muscles LOL..
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 306 Member
    What is a BM Fit?
  • fiveohmike
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member

I will.... I plan on wearing it during my entire weight loss journey. I really want to see how accurate it is...if the numbers drop with my body weight etc

I'm still wearing mine daily after 9 months since my activity level varies greatly from day to day (and because I'm addicted to seeing the numbers!). I'm a numbers person too and keep a spreadsheet with my daily intake, daily burn, daily deficit, which I average for each week. I base my calorie goal on the deficit I want to achieve from my average TDEE.

As your weight drops, your TDEE may drop, but in my case it has continued to increase due to gaining muscle and continuing to increase my activity level.

I've found my numbers match up with Scooby's pretty well, but I hadn't seen Scooby's numbers before getting the BodyBugg (same device as BMF, just different web interface/reporting). I had been using MFP calculations, which turned out to be way off for me.
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 306 Member

Thanks! Something else for me to research!
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member

I will.... I plan on wearing it during my entire weight loss journey. I really want to see how accurate it is...if the numbers drop with my body weight etc

I'm still wearing mine daily after 9 months since my activity level varies greatly from day to day (and because I'm addicted to seeing the numbers!). I'm a numbers person too and keep a spreadsheet with my daily intake, daily burn, daily deficit, which I average for each week. I base my calorie goal on the deficit I want to achieve from my average TDEE.

As your weight drops, your TDEE may drop, but in my case it has continued to increase due to gaining muscle and continuing to increase my activity level.

I've found my numbers match up with Scooby's pretty well, but I hadn't seen Scooby's numbers before getting the BodyBugg (same device as BMF, just different web interface/reporting). I had been using MFP calculations, which turned out to be way off for me.

Dewgirl - do you think it helped you in your weight loss journey?
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Dewgirl - do you think it helped you in your weight loss journey?

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

I wasn't confident in how many calories I should eat or in how many I was burning, which made it tough for me to stay steadfast on one plan. Once I started using the BodyBugg, I was confident in the amount I was burning, and I find it much easier to stick to the deficit I am shooting for at any given time. I started at a 500 cal deficit, but now that I'm just working on body composition I have a 50-200 cal deficit (workout vs rest days).

Having a convenient way to track my food on MFP and the calorie burn info from BodyBugg are the main tools I used for my success, and I have improved my body composition more than I originally thought possible (for me).