Help I'm frustrated

sgmomma
sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
I have set my calories at 1700 and have been eating my exercise cals back....

BMR= 1523 (ive been trying to be sure to atleast net this many calories)
TDEE = 2094
gave me 1675 based on lightly active..so on days I don't exercise I should eat 1675....days I do exercise should I eat back my cals?

I'm 5'2 160lbs shooting for 145
stay at home mom
I do a Jillian Michaels DVD 5 days a week and run 3 days a week for a min of 25 min..but i need solid numbers ...i keep going round an round reading stuff and I'm just further confusing myself

Replies

• avalynsmom
    avalynsmom Posts: 78
    If your TDEE is calculated correctly, it includes exercise cals, so no, you don't eat those back. The only reason you eat extra is if you NET below your BMR, so in your case if you have a day where you exercise and burn more than like 200 cals. Again, this is if your TDEE is calculated correctly.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    I have set my calories at 1700 and have been eating my exercise cals back....

BMR= 1523 (ive been trying to be sure to atleast net this many calories)
    TDEE = 2094
    gave me 1675 based on lightly active..so on days I don't exercise I should eat 1675....days I do exercise should I eat back my cals?

I'm 5'2 160lbs shooting for 145
    stay at home mom
    I do a Jillian Michaels DVD 5 days a week and run 3 days a week for a min of 25 min..but i need solid numbers ...i keep going round an round reading stuff and I'm just further confusing myself

Hello!

If you are exercising that much you are in the Moderate Activity category. This is an average of 7 days, so your daily intake will always be the same regardless of exercise or not.

I would re-run your numbers on the Scooby Calc for Moderate Activity level and a 15% cut.

What do you come up with?

Thanks,

Mike
  • sgmomma
    ok i re-ran at moderate activity I got

BMR=1523
    TDEE=2361
    Daily= 1889

Now what do I about exercise days vs rest days?
  • fiveohmike
    ok i re-ran at moderate activity I got

BMR=1523
    TDEE=2361
    Daily= 1889

Now what do I about exercise days vs rest days?

Nadda! Everyday you would eat 1889 calories, regardless of exercise or rest. This is because the TDEE number you get is actually an average of 7 days, including exercise and rest :)

Hit 1889 for 6-8 weeks, see how your body has responded at the end. Make adjustments at that time if necessary.

Thanks!

Mike
  • sgmomma
    Really... hmmm ok...def was making this way to hard.

What about the posts I've seen where is you burn more than 200 cal you need to eat some back?
  • fiveohmike
    Really... hmmm ok...def was making this way to hard.

What about the posts I've seen where is you burn more than 200 cal you need to eat some back?

This only applies if you burn enough calories (like doing extra exercise than you normally would) that would bring you below your BMR. At that point you need to eat your exercise calories back.

Daily Target 1889
    BMR 1523

So what this means if you burn more 366 calories (difference between 1889 and 1523), you should eat whatever calories are needed to bring you back over 1523.

:)

Mike
  • sgmomma
    Oh! I get it finally! Thank you so much!!!!