"bold little flirting moves"

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
Courtesy of Glamour.

I actually like a couple of these so I thought I'd pass it on you to ladies. Glamour updates their website daily and they have some good columns - read if you like those kinda things.

1. If you shake his hand, wrap your other hand around his and hold it there just a little bit longer than you usually would.

2. Order two drinks, and approach a cute guy standing alone. Tell him the bartender accidentally gave you two drinks. Does he want it? Yes he does.

3. At a restaurant, walk over to his table and ask if you can borrow his salt/pepper/Tabasco/whatever. Even if you already have it on your table. Especially if you already have it on your table.

4. At a bar with games, ask him to be your partner for Foozeball/ping pong/pool whatever.

5. Compliment him! ”What sports do you like? You look athletic.”

6. Whisssperrrrr. Lean in close.

7. Ask him to reach something for you on a high shelf at the store.

8. Keep something creative in your purse, like gummy bears, and ask him if he wants some. It’s way more memorable than gum.

9. This might pain you to blurt out if you’re shy, but just try it: Bump into him on purpose and say “Oh, oops! I become a total klutz around cute guys.”

10. You might be Ms. Planny-pants, but guys like more spontaneity. Text a guy you’re digging last minute and ask if he wants to get an Wendy’s Frosty or go see a movie.

11. If the bar is really crowded, slip him some cash and ask him to get a drink for you.

12. Tease him and smile. Like, when he introduces himself and tells you his name, say ”What?” so he has to lean in to repeat himself. Then say, “What?” again, with a smile.

13. If a guy is standing by a juke box, definitely go up with money and ask him what you should play.

14. Instead of asking him what time it is, hold his wrist and look at his watch.

15. Ask a guy about his tattoo. TOUCH THE TATTOO.

16. Make a bet with him.

17. Ask the guy on the treadmill, “how fast were you running? Woah!”

18. Say his name.

19. Touch his knee or arm when you’re talking to him.

20. Tell him he smells good. “What’s that cologne?”

21. Eye contact + Smile. Walk away.

22. If you’re waiting in line with a hot guy, ask him if he thinks it’s worth the wait.

Read More http://www.glamour.com/sex-love-life/blogs/smitten/2012/06/23-big-bold-little-flirting-mo.html#ixzz1x4Zgc3bl

Replies

• Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    1. Yup. Kinda gets in our head and makes us wonder what that was all about.
    2. Of course free drinks is always good, but don't walk away too soon or else we'll think it actually happened.
    3. Yep. We'll figure it out....eventually...maybe
    4. Obviously
    5. Only if we actually look athletic
    6. Hot
    7. Eh...just pretend like you're reaching for something you can't get to, then we can come by and be the hero.
    8. I like the idea, maybe under the right circumstances. But if a random chick offered me gummy bears it would be a little weird.
    9. I'd be so surprised I'd probably be speechless, but it would definitely work if I was interested.
    10. Hell yes, I hate always having to plan dates.
    11. Totally
    12. A little teasing is always good, this form is even better.
    13. Yup
    14. Sure, any time you touch us we take as a good sign
    15. If I show you my tattoo that means my shirt is most likely off. So at that point you're probably good.
    16. Yep, bet on drinks. It's even better if you lose on purpose.
    17. Um...no.
    18. Yes.
    19. As I said earlier...yes.
    20. Only if you can actually smell cologne, if not it's awkward when we say "Right Guard"
    21. Yes. But maybe a little subtle compared to the rest.
    22. This is tough, I don't know if a lot of guys would pick up on anything here. But engaging them in conversation is always good, it hardly matters what you say.
  • christine24t
    Options
    17. Um...no.

Hahahaha that is what I thought. Makes you sound like a ditz.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    17. Um...no.

Hahahaha that is what I thought. Makes you sound like a ditz.

Or worse yet, to pull it off, would you either have to hit the stop button for him or try to chat him up while he's running? WTH? Um, no...

The rest sound reasonably interesting, though I've only ever tried #1. Shame I don't have anyone worth practicing on around here lately... haha!
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    I "get" all of these....okay, a few are a little funny.. but what I don't get is what if I lean in or touch a guy I'm with...say a first date... and he's just not that in to me. I'm gonna make a FOOL out of myself and I hate that! :blushing:
  • christine24t
    Options
    I "get" all of these....okay, a few are a little funny.. but what I don't get is what if I lean in or touch a guy I'm with...say a first date... and he's just not that in to me. I'm gonna make a FOOL out of myself and I hate that! :blushing:

Haha oh me too!

I like number two a lot. Only problem is I would say "here ya go!" and scurry off. I would be too scared to make conversation like that. But if you actually have social skills with men that is a great one.

11 is good too.

And 12 is really cute.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options

Haha oh me too!

I like number two a lot. Only problem is I would say "here ya go!" and scurry off. I would be too scared to make conversation like that. But if you actually have social skills with men that is a great one.

11 is good too.

And 12 is really cute.

I actually have really good social skills.... it's just picking up the correct signal. I mean if I know a guy is in to me... even somewhat... I'm a big flirt. Until then... nada.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    The real question is will I remember any of these when I spot a cute guy in public? Probably not. So I'll be boring and just say hi or smile. Lol.
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    Some of these are awesome! I'd respond positively to most of them :)
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I can boil all of these down to three things:
    - Smile
    - Talk
    - Touch
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Courtesy of Glamour.

I actually like a couple of these so I thought I'd pass it on you to ladies. Glamour updates their website daily and they have some good columns - read if you like those kinda things.

1. If you shake his hand, wrap your other hand around his and hold it there just a little bit longer than you usually would.

2. Order two drinks, and approach a cute guy standing alone. Tell him the bartender accidentally gave you two drinks. Does he want it? Yes he does.

4. At a bar with games, ask him to be your partner for Foozeball/ping pong/pool whatever.

6. Whisssperrrrr. Lean in close.

9. This might pain you to blurt out if you’re shy, but just try it: Bump into him on purpose and say “Oh, oops! I become a total klutz around cute guys.”

10. You might be Ms. Planny-pants, but guys like more spontaneity. Text a guy you’re digging last minute and ask if he wants to get an Wendy’s Frosty or go see a movie.

11. If the bar is really crowded, slip him some cash and ask him to get a drink for you.

12. Tease him and smile. Like, when he introduces himself and tells you his name, say ”What?” so he has to lean in to repeat himself. Then say, “What?” again, with a smile.

16. Make a bet with him.

18. Say his name.

20. Tell him he smells good. “What’s that cologne?”

21. Eye contact + Smile. Walk away.

The ones above are the stand out ones for me, I probably wouldnt pick up on it as being flirty if you couldnt reach something on a shelf lol.

Number 12 is a good ice breaker for sure. Depending on the guy it might make him really nervous too though. But I have a girl do that too me, we had a good laugh about it and then it was smooth sailing from there on out :)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I like the watch one :bigsmile:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I like most of those. Might need to print them off.
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    What would you whisper is what I am wondering?

I actually watched at a sub shop this chick was making this guy a sub and she used the .. what did you order? I get so flustered when a cute guy is ordering .. he bought that hook line and sinker. You could see him melt. lol.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I can boil all of these down to three things:
    - Smile
    - Talk
    - Touch

You got it! All those 22 items are true and pretty cute. But it all boils down to being friendly, engaging, and smiley.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    Aww I like these! I've done some of them too hehe. Its been a while since I've flirted with anyone. Rarely meet anyone cute enough to flirt with these days!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I can do these once I know the guy is interested. I couldn't just go up to a guy and play with his watch. I'm too shy or too scared.

If I had a couple of beers, I'm game!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

7. Ask him to reach something for you on a high shelf at the store.

I've had this happened to me at the supermarket. She smiled and commented on how tall I was. I just grinned and blushed like a moron. :embarassed: I think I got out a "you're welcome". that was it though :frown: I have no game. :laugh:

This happened to me as well. I was talking with one of my friends neighbors. His neighbor's wife was from Mexico. They were recent newly weds and was surprised I knew Spanish. We conversed for quite a bit. She apparently had been in the USA for almost 9 months and besides talking to family on the phone, she had not talked to anyone face to face in Spanish. I didn't really read much into though.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    #7 is my go-to move. I'm only 5 feet tall, so it is not difficult to pull off.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I can do these once I know the guy is interested. I couldn't just go up to a guy and play with his watch. I'm too shy or too scared.

If I had a couple of beers, I'm game!

you...........shy?????
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    15. Ask a guy about his tattoo. TOUCH THE TATTOO.

LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: