Trying to break my plateau

ThaRealNicki
ThaRealNicki Posts: 322 Member
Im highly considering upping my calories and protein to break this discouraging point in my weight loss. I joined the group and am tip toeing around the idea of upping my calories. Just want to know if anyone else broke a plateau by eating more?! thanks in advance for your responces. Oh! And if you have broken a plateau by doing this did you gain before you lost or just lost right away? and how much can I expect to lose a week by upping my calories? :smile:

Replies

• deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    i always break my plateaus by eating more
  • From what I understand, if you've been eating under your BMI for a while, your body needs time to readjust and for your metabolism to start working better before you can actually lose any weight. You should start eating your TDEE for about 8 weeks, and then after that do a 15% cut from your TDEE. At that point, your body will recognize the deficit and you will begin to lose weight. Until that point, while you are still eating your TDEE, you may gain a few lbs, which is totally normal. I have been eating my TDEE for 3 weeks and have gained around 5lbs.
  • oh and you should definitely set your macros to Carbs 40%, Protein 30%, and Fat 30%. The increase in protein and slight decrease in carbs will help you lose. It definitely helped me!
  • polza1888
    polza1888 Posts: 87 Member
    I've just started doing this, I've taken the first steps and upped my calories. A little nervous and expecting weight gain, but from what everyone here is saying, I'm hoping after the 8 weeks mark i'll start shifting again. I went from 1400 calories to 2000 calories and doing the 15%, I'm diving in head first lol Good luck