New to EM2WL, need advice

Options
kami89
kami89 Posts: 12 Member
Hi all! I was just turned onto this by a great friend of mine, I understand all the numbers and such, but have a question. I have terrible back problems, and at this point I cannot do any let of extreme workouts, and lit lifting with my arms only.... No leg lighting right now. I can walk, and do elliptical and that sort of thing. I have two small children, so I do get *some* daily movement. I am not an active person yet, although I was daily in High School with sports, weight training etc.
So, my question is, is upping my calories (from 1400/day to around 1800/day) with ought workouts like I notice others are doing, going to be detrimental to my efforts of losing weight?
HELP! :)

Replies

• Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    double post
  • Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the group :)

Did you check the scooby calculator for your calorie recommendation? your tdee is determined by the number of hours you exercise not the type of exercise you do.
  • kami89
    kami89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did get my TDEE, I guess I am just a little (okay, A LOT) scared! Ha!!

What did you mean by double post?
  • trosewine
    trosewine Posts: 88
    Options
    Lifting weights isn't necessary. Actually, exercise isn't even necessary. Whatever you determine your TDEE to be, if you eat 15% less, you will lose weight. Slowly, but surely if you stay with it.