Calorie deficit and extra workouts

Options
Hello fellow burners,

Just started the BFFM programm two weeks ago but i am affraid i am not eating enough,

While not being a native English speaker, i cant get clear from the book if i have to eat more on training days to compensate the extra calorie deficit.

Example.

I calculated my daily needs at 2650 Kc and started out with a 500 Kc deficit from nutricion intake.
Now when i loose 500 Kc from a cardio workout i have a 1000 Kc deficit wich is a little bit to much for my taste.

The question is should i up my daily calorie intake on training days to 2650 Kc?

Help appreciated.

Regards,
Jort

Replies

• delipidation
    delipidation Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes, when you burn more, eat more: that's where "feeding the muscle" comes into the equation. Even though the net calorie balance remains the same, there's a huge metabolic difference between eating 2150 calories and sitting around all day, as opposed to eating 2650 calories and burning 500 of them, or even better, eating 3150 and burning 1000.

What it all comes down to, though, is results. If, at the end of a week, you've gained muscle and lost fat, you're on the right track. If not, you need to make some adjustments. Make small changes, stay consistent, measure the results and continue adjusting as needed.
  • jortb
    jortb Posts: 2
    Options
    Thnx,

Jort