Success/Progress/Testimonial requests

Options
ANewLucia
ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
Hey EM2WL Fam,

Kiki and I are so excited to mention that we are in the process of building a website. We will be releasing more details as we get closer to completion, but we need your input. We have received so many testimonials, NSVs, seen wonderful progress and such and would love to place it on our site. There are so many that need to hear and see that they too don't have to starve, reaching those that have never heard of MFP as well.

We will be featuring on the main page one EM2WL full blown journey with pics and your personal story monthly(we think unless you all send in tons:wink: then we may update weekly:drinker: ) You would need to submit your personally written story and picture links(pictures should be in sports attire, so no pictures in underwear please because we don't want our wee ones blushing when they see the site:blushing:) just as you would here but send it all to SUCCESS@EM2WL.COM. You don't have to be at your "goal" either, people are truly inspired watching the "journey". So we will update your story on the site as you progress as well.

If you are not quite ready to do the full blown then please send in a quick note saying how you have been impacted by EM2WL. Give a short testimony that includes your name and a headshot. People like to see a name and face when reading testimonials...you can give brief one liner, a paragraph of your thoughts on the process, how you feel, the changes you have seen, your thoughts on the EM2wl family, if you want to say something to Kiki, myself or any of the awesome mods, etc...

We pray that we have been a blessing to you and that you will help us in this endeavor:flowerforyou:

Again submit either or if you want to do both:smooched: to SUCCESS@EM2WL.COM. Also we don't alter your submissions because it is your voice, your story, so please do spell check and check grammar:smile: maybe have someone else review. I'm so bad with typos as you probably have noticed...lol. So dear DH has to check everything I write for the site:blushing:

Thanks so very much in advance:happy:

Lucia:flowerforyou:
EM2WL
Taking your life back....one meal at a time.

Replies

• ANewLucia
    Options
    Oh if you send in and don't get a response saying it was received, hit us up here real quick or PM or something so we can confirm we got it. We don't want to miss one even of them...:flowerforyou:
  • Fairieluv77
    Options
    This is wonderful. You guys are the best. I am so happy to have found you. Especially since I had decided that I would just have to be overweight and pudgy since I knew I absolutely did not want to live off 1200 calories for the rest of my life. Now I'm eating so much more and feeling great. Pretty soon I'll be looking great too. I might even have the courage to send you a testimonial for the site!
    Thank you all for the time and effort you spend helping, encouraging and educating!
    Angie
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I will definitely take some pics and send you my story. I was thinking of waiting until I reach 10 lbs lost with EM2WL and then I will send in my pics and story. Can't wait to share it with everyone!

You guys are great for making that site!
  • angsellis
    angsellis Posts: 44
    Options
    I don't have any pics but I can share my success so far.
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    I don't have any pics but I can share my success so far.

Thank you, the same headshot you have here is fine, but if not, that is fine too...just provide at least your name when you send...thank you sooooo very much!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    I will definitely take some pics and send you my story. I was thinking of waiting until I reach 10 lbs lost with EM2WL and then I will send in my pics and story. Can't wait to share it with everyone!

You guys are great for making that site!

Girl I can't wait to see yours!!!!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    This is wonderful. You guys are the best. I am so happy to have found you. Especially since I had decided that I would just have to be overweight and pudgy since I knew I absolutely did not want to live off 1200 calories for the rest of my life. Now I'm eating so much more and feeling great. Pretty soon I'll be looking great too. I might even have the courage to send you a testimonial for the site!
    Thank you all for the time and effort you spend helping, encouraging and educating!
    Angie

Hi Angie, even if you sent this with your headshot photo you have as your profile pic...it would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Awesome I will be sure to send an email.
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Awesome I will be sure to send an email.

Oh thank you!!!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Oh you know I'm more than happy to share my success and pictures (as soon as I can get them done side by side...LOL....a work in progress).

I'm so thankful you all are devoting time to making an actual website! :bigsmile:
  • kels136
    kels136 Posts: 55
    Options
    A website is such a great idea and both you and Kiki are true inspirations to both woman and men out there. I think young people who are influenced by the media and think that "skinny" is the only acceptable size would be truly inspired and appreciative of your website. You set the trend for the new age! Healthy and Happy is what life is all about...Strong is the new Skinny :-)

I only started on Tuesday but I will send in some progress pics before my holiday in August and some a little submission. I had an eating disorder and to here how you can eat more than 500 calories a day and still be a good size is amazing!!

I love ya'll xx
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    yea! congrats for starting a movement! i cant wait to have some "afters" and help spread the gospel of eating more!!!
  • kmmealey
    kmmealey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well I have to tell somebody. I've lost 2 entire pounds this week! Woohoo!!!!!
    I'd lost 15# quickly (6-8 wks) , then to a screeching halt....for more than a month. Disheartening.

I found this group & on the advice of you all (+RD & Trainer), I grudgingly increased my calories(from 1200 pre-exercise) by about 300-400/day to at least 1500-1600/day. {Background: BMR=1500, TDEE=2340}. I do struggle many, ok, most days to get enough protein in. To that end, I have begun drinking protein shakes 1-2/day, most days, which seems to help. I actually woke up hungry a few days this week which I interpreted to mean good things. I usually wasn't hungry at all at 1200/day. (I still think that's just odd).

Anyway, for those who will ask, I do strength training at the gym 2-3 hrs/wk & some kind of cardio (mostly walking) every day. Increased my cardio this week & am using the (free) RunKeeper application to track my activity. FINALLY, some scale results. Sure it's much slower than I ever imagined it could be, but I'm thrilled to finally see some more weight gone.
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    So excited to belong to this group! Can't wait to share my story. Eating 1200 calories was ridiculous!

Thank you all for your hard work in keeping this group growing and working!
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! You guys are such an inspiration and it's awesome that you're willing to put this all together in one place. Once I have a 'story' to share, I'll definitely send it in! And if you need a proofreader, I'd be glad to help - it's one of my nerdy passions. :love:
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    do you want me to do it when I reach my goal weight with this and send before/ after pictures? plus my story. I have 61 more pounds to go but this is so working.
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    do you want me to do it when I reach my goal weight with this and send before/ after pictures? plus my story. I have 61 more pounds to go but this is so working.

Hey lady you can send your progress from start to now and keep updating as you progress. You will be a part of "The Journey" series.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    okay that will work
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    I'm so happy to have found this group! I was really under eating when I first came here and hadn't lost any weight in 7 months. After increasing my calories to my TDEE (I'm still doing the metabolism reset right now) and starting a new work out routine, I have gained a few lbs, BUT I have lost inches on my waist! I quit paying attention to the scale because when I look in the mirror, my muscles look a lot more toned than they did before! I've even had people ask me if I've recently lost more weight, even though I'm up 8lbs. I'm so excited, and can't wait to see how much more my body will change!
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for the site! I'll send in an update when I have one (just starting this part of my journey). But thanks for the inspiration and information so far!!