BMF Link Quick Question

emgel9
emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
Hi All!

So I got my BMF Link yesterday and set it up immediately. This am before my workout I paired it with my iphone. As soon as the data "synced" (I had JUST put it on my arm) the tracker said I ALREADY had a 300 calorie deficit...this was before I did anything other than stand in front of the mirror. Is this common? a defect? something that shows up for the first sync? I just want to make sure mine is working properly. When I synced it again after a 50 min cardio workout it said my caloric burn was 579...that is too high for 50 min of cardio, but subtracting the 300 it said I had already burned that is only 279..and I know I burn more than that. Any thoughts? just give it time?

Replies

• emgel9
    Bump. anyone with a BMF???
  • ox45
    ox45 Posts: 90 Member
    The BMF will still estimate your calories burned even when it is off your body by using the same guesstimates that the calculators use. I believe it goes from Midnight to Midnight.

For example, if I take it off to sleep and sync it first thing in the morning when I wake, it will still say I burned 700 calories even though I didn't have it on. This way it will still have an accurate tally of your days total expenditure.
  • emgel9
    O! thank you thank you than you! this makes sense! I definitely think it under estimated my calorie burn on the elliptical...but a lot of reviews have said it does this, so I will keep that in mind. Thanks again!
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    The BMF will still estimate your calories burned even when it is off your body by using the same guesstimates that the calculators use. I believe it goes from Midnight to Midnight.

For example, if I take it off to sleep and sync it first thing in the morning when I wake, it will still say I burned 700 calories even though I didn't have it on. This way it will still have an accurate tally of your days total expenditure.

^^This. It runs from midnight to midnight and if you take it off your arm it will 'estimate' your calories burned. I find that when I get up at 5am to do my workout I often have a 300ish burn already (I wear it while I sleep).

In regards to the cardio...if you have an HRM, wear it as well as your BMF the next time you do a longer cardio burn and compare. HRM's are slightly more accurate than the BMF for those longer Cardio sessions. Shorter/lighter cardio sessions are more accurate.
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    O! thank you thank you than you! this makes sense! I definitely think it under estimated my calorie burn on the elliptical...but a lot of reviews have said it does this, so I will keep that in mind. Thanks again!

I have the BMF Link too and from what I understand is that it's not accurate when you're weightlifting. But the Link is a good thing for everyday movements/calculation.

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I ordered a HRM so I can track it and see if the calculations are close.