Diary

Options
lovesharmony
lovesharmony Posts: 71 Member
Can someone take a look at my diary and see where i can make some changes? I know for a fact as of today i need to leave the cliff bars alone. Too much sugar and not enough protein. I would appreciate it...

Replies

• Fairieluv77
    Options
    I'm probably not the best person to give advice but maybe add in another snack with protein. An apple and piece of cheese or carrot sticks and peanut butter? That's helped me quite a bit.

*probably should have looked back a little further! I see you are already doing this. Sorry I couldn't be more help :)
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Mine's open, you can look if you want for ideas. I'm still tinkering with the macros (started this week on that).
    The protein bars are from the scooby site (I added 2 tbls coconut oil to a half recipe). I plugged in my numbers there to figure out how much of which macro I needed to be eating at each meal.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Here are my suggestions:

Substitute Starbucks oatmeal for Quaker Oats weight control oatmeal - it is high fiber and will keep you fuller longer. Two of the single serve packets will come out to 320 calories and be HUGE compared to your Starbucks oatmeal, add some fruit and it will equal about the same as the starbucks one and be a giant EPIC bowl of oatmeal. Plus it's much cheaper. :tongue:

Greek yogurt is good stuff. Keep eating it.

Your lunch looks great, maybe try cutting out some of the olive oil if you can and add extra fish or veggies, maybe 6oz of fish instead of 4. Again the increased protein will keep you fuller for longer.

I guess your dinner was a candy bar? Obviously you would want your dinner to look more like your lunch. Don't worry so much about the amount of carbs but instead try to increase the amount of fiber and protein you consume, but it sounds like you already knew that.

Good luck.
  • allieguerra22
    Options
    I add a scoop of protein powder into oatmeal, greek yogurt, pudding, etc. I'm usually over on my protein because of this. Oh and cottage cheese has quite a bit of protein. I also make my own protein balls for a chocolate fix and make homemade Lara bars to get healthy fats in.
  • lovesharmony
    Options
    Here are my suggestions:

Substitute Starbucks oatmeal for Quaker Oats weight control oatmeal - it is high fiber and will keep you fuller longer. Two of the single serve packets will come out to 320 calories and be HUGE compared to your Starbucks oatmeal, add some fruit and it will equal about the same as the starbucks one and be a giant EPIC bowl of oatmeal. Plus it's much cheaper. :tongue:

Greek yogurt is good stuff. Keep eating it.

Your lunch looks great, maybe try cutting out some of the olive oil if you can and add extra fish or veggies, maybe 6oz of fish instead of 4. Again the increased protein will keep you fuller for longer.

I guess your dinner was a candy bar? Obviously you would want your dinner to look more like your lunch. Don't worry so much about the amount of carbs but instead try to increase the amount of fiber and protein you consume, but it sounds like you already knew that.

Good luck.

I havent figure out what i was going to eat for dinner yet. thanks for the tip. For dinner should i stay away from the sweet potato and brown rice so late in the after noon?
  • lovesharmony
    Options
    Do you know a good brand of Protein? Ive been searching but have yet to come across a good one yet.
  • lovesharmony
    Options
    I'm probably not the best person to give advice but maybe add in another snack with protein. An apple and piece of cheese or carrot sticks and peanut butter? That's helped me quite a bit.

*probably should have looked back a little further! I see you are already doing this. Sorry I couldn't be more help :)

Thanks for the advice!
  • allieguerra22
    Options
    I buy the cheap stuff. I shop at Kroger and they have Body Fortress Whey for about $20 and I just opened one from Target (Market Pantry) for around the same price. The protein is high, the carbs and sugars are low. I'm not sure the advantage to buying one of the pricier brands.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I havent figure out what i was going to eat for dinner yet. thanks for the tip. For dinner should i stay away from the sweet potato and brown rice so late in the after noon?

Nah, don't worry about that. There is no real evidence that eating carbs at night effects weight loss. I eat HUGE portions of sweet potatoes at night on a regular basis :)
  • lovesharmony
    Options
    Okay! Thanks alot! I will check into that after work.
  • lovesharmony
    Options

Nah, don't worry about that. There is no real evidence that eating carbs at night effects weight loss. I eat HUGE portions of sweet potatoes at night on a regular basis :)

Okay! Thanks alot!
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options
    You can also add protein powder to a serving of plain Greek yogurt for a chocolate pudding like treat. Or whatever flavor powder you get. :) Just had that for breakfast.