baby cows

Options
delmc1
delmc1 Posts: 331 Member
my problem is my calves .upper legs are coming on fine starting to get good size and definition calves are staying .
other than standard calf raises has anyone got any ideas

Replies

• 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hey. There are only so many exercises for calves but you can vary the way you do them. For example, you can point toes outwards for a set, then parallel for a set and then inwards for a set. Seated calf raise machine seem to hit them differently as well.
  • MissMollieD
    MissMollieD Posts: 130
    Options
    Cycling helps too.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Good article linked. I would also personally suggest the following......sprints.
  • decy63
    decy63 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Squats Squats then more Squats.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Unless you are doing something wrong squats don't really hit your calves.......Just saying...
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,520 Member
    Options

Do you also recommend curls for a big chest?
  • decy63
    Options
    I was kidding the advice I get from oldtimers in the gym is Squats Squats then more Squats. for everything.
  • decy63
    Options
    As far as calf exercises that article is about as good as it gets.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,520 Member
    Options
    I was kidding the advice I get from oldtimers in the gym is Squats Squats then more Squats. for everything.

LOL, didn't catch the sarcasm
  • run2jeepn
    run2jeepn Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    What as always worked for me is getting a Good Stretch at the bottom and hold it for a sec. Then Press and hold at the top of a sec. Nice and slow. Once I'm done with all my sets... I drop the weight just a little and do a burn out set. 3x a week. I also use heavy weight. Anything lower then your own body weight is a waste for Calves.

Also if you do Cardio on the Treadmill.. Cranking it the incline all the way up will build your Calves fast too.

I've had to cut back on the Calves training. B/c this worked so well.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Power cleans hit my calves pretty good.