Trying to Maintain - Not working so back to drawing board

MariaMariaM
MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
I thought I would give an update. Almost a month ago I increased my intake to about 1900 - 2000 calories because I want to maintain my weight. At the time I was hovering between 116 and 117 so I called my weight 116.5.
Losing weight slowed down and I thought I was still losing because I was still at an avg deficit. I was expecting a high sodium day yesterday so I got on the scale to see how much water I was retaining in today and tomorrow. Surprise Surprise! weight is down or my scale is broken! So I think now my weight is around 115.

Now I am back to recalculating everything and I am increasing my calories to 2100 - 2200 and using very active level. If I am being honest, I am not sure I want to go that high on days I don't workout so since this is a moving target on non workout days I will aim for 1800 - 1900 (net for very active on MFP is set to 1740).

Anyway, I just wanted to give some perspective to those that are trying to lose weight and eating more. I don't want to lose weight anymore so I increased my calorie intake to stop that and still lost. So it works. What I learned is that it is extremely important to select the right activity level. I guess I have the luxury of overstimate my activity level now because I don't care if I gain a pound or 2. I think I will rather overstimate than come short.

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Well it's always great to hear from people that it DOES work to lose weight while eating more.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Maintaining is hard! When I hit my first goal I upped a little but still continued to lose 1 to 2 lbs a week. I got down to 13lbs below my first goal. at that weight ( 111 lbs at 5'6) I felt why to skinny. That was last winter so I took the holidays off from logging and ate lots of cookies! Come January I was up 10 lbs. Since them I havent lost more than a pound or two, but I workout 6 days a week and even started heavy lifting. Now I am thin and fit instead of skinny.
    I wish I had a picture of my at my low weight to show how good 10 lbs can look when it is combined with hard work.
    However I now dont really know how much to eat. I dont want to lose any more weight. But I dont want to gain either.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    I know, crazy isn't it?
    I will see what happens at this new level. I am always suggesting ways to add good calories, lets see if I can live up to my own advise.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Thats great! Thanks for allowing us to celebrate your success!

Hope you can find your "magic number"
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    There was someone on here the other day asking if people with less than 10 lbs to lose could still lose...this is proof!
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    ok so I'm not gonna lie....I'm a teensy weensy (ok, maybe a lot) jealous! hehe!! Can't WAIT until I have your "dilemna"...working on fixing my metabolism right now!! hoping and praying I'll be in you shoes in no time! =)