One thing that makes me sad...

irunsf85
irunsf85 Posts: 74 Member
One thing that makes me sad about losing weight/inches is that my clothes are getting loose! I have a pair of fairly expensive designer jeans that I absolutely love and bought for myself as a reward for something. They were my one pair of jeans that made my butt look good too. lol. Now, they're getting a little loose and are starting to sag a bit. My butt doesn't look as good in them as they did either. :(

Replies

• navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Can you take them to a tailor and have them taken in? I used to do that when my favorite clothes started getting looser:laugh:
  • sugarplumj
    sugarplumj Posts: 107 Member
    One thing that makes me sad about losing weight/inches is that my clothes are getting loose! I have a pair of fairly expensive designer jeans that I absolutely love and bought for myself as a reward for something. They were my one pair of jeans that made my butt look good too. lol. Now, they're getting a little loose and are starting to sag a bit. My butt doesn't look as good in them as they did either. :(

That's what my friend's mum would call a "Happy Problem". Can you just aim for getting the next size down?
  • nyspotlight
    nyspotlight Posts: 124
    Even if you already have, you can probably shrink them.

First just wash in HOT water and AIR DRY. See how they fit. If they're still too big, then next time wash in hot water and dry on high heat.

When they're fresh out of the washer and/or dryer, you may wanna tug at the bottoms to make sure they don't shrink up too high.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Wouldn't it be cool to have some type of EM2WL clothes exchange??? :wink:
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    why don't we? that would be great.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    See I love shopping so this would make me happy!
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    I agree. Last summer I bought all new pants because I assumed that I was at my new weight. Now they're all way too big. Even pants I bought in Sept/Oct are too big, so I walk around with a baggy butt and a safety pinned waist.

I got them taken in but there's a point where they can't because then the butt pockets are too close together, unless I want to spend more than I prob paid for the darn things. So now I have to start over and buy all new pants again. Argh!

I also hate this new idea of putting stretch into everything. My pants shouldn't fit when I put them on before I leave work, and be able to fit another person inside by noon. It's obnoxious.
  • irunsf85
    Hmmm... I may have to think about taking them to the tailor to get them taken in but I think I will wait a while until I've settled with my weight. I'm hoping to lose some more inches so it'll save me from another trip. :)

nyspotlight, these jeans can't shrink any more. Most of the jeans I buy have already been shrunken before they get put on the racks. The only time they are a little more form fitting is when they are fresh out of the dryer but will end up stretching out a bit as I wear them throughout the day like alcon says.

Maybe I just need to start buying cheaper clothes until I'm settled to goal weight....

Clothes exchange would be great! haha!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Man, I wish. 5 weeks in and I'm just looking bigger...and bigger....:sad:
  • Emilit_uk
    Emilit_uk Posts: 87
    Oh, I feel your pain! I bought two pairs of levis jeans i bought while in the US, they are double the price in the UK, and they no longer fit me, so my best friend inherited them....gutted....
  • irunsf85
    Oh, I feel your pain! I bought two pairs of levis jeans i bought while in the US, they are double the price in the UK, and they no longer fit me, so my best friend inherited them....gutted....

I'll have to find someone to inherit them from me as well... except I had them hemmed and I'm at least a couple of inches shorter than everyone else I know! My beloved Hudsons and Joe's... :(
  • Not gunna lie...Definitely wish there was a clothes exchange on here for men...All my suits and jeans are way too big now! I keep going to tailors and just last week they told me they couldn't take them in anymore! (Darnit!) So I had to buy new stuff...(Happy problems!)
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    I had this same problem, threw out all my old clothes and now nothing fits me! I know after the reset I`ll be right back in those clothes though.

3 more weeks to go!