I need quick validation, please check this out

bradthemedic
bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
Hey everyone! So I have been steady on EM2WL for 32 days now and it's going well. I am admittedly not seeing the reduction in size I was hoping for - but that's due to my own commitment issues to my strength training.

That being said I am wanting some opinions on how I am doing overall:
Weight: 222lb
Height: 6'0
Hips: 41
Waist: 42
Chest: 41
TDEE: 3416
BMR: 2203 (scoobys, though other sources say around 2600)
Goal Calories: 2903

How is my diary looking? Any areas for improvement you can see?

Thank you. :)

Replies

• Your diary looks very healthy. So you have been eating your TDEE ?

EDIT: oh never mind, I just re read that. So you're already doing your 15% cut then
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    I think things look pretty good! A few days were pretty sugary, but calories have been good. Maybe watch the sodium? Avoid water weight? I reduced my sodium goal to 2300 (from the preset 2500) because I know I have a huuuuuge salt-tooth (if there is such a thing) so I can be even more mindful of it.

As you've said yourself, patience is key! Keep at your workouts! :)
  • bradthemedic
    I have an issue with sodium and I'm learning to live with it. I try to keep it as low as possible, but without eating nothing but fat tablets and protein powder I find it difficult to keep it under the 2200 I'd like to be at.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    I have an issue with sodium and I'm learning to live with it. I try to keep it as low as possible, but without eating nothing but fat tablets and protein powder I find it difficult to keep it under the 2200 I'd like to be at.

considering how many calories you are eating, i think the sodium intake looks pretty good!! nice work overall.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Hi there,

I took a quick look, love how you are hitting your proteins...so key and with strength training you will see some great gains in that area...

Ok, well just to remind you that your activity is already factored in, so you don't need to eat back your exercise calories unless your burn takes you under your BMR. I did see that a couple times...that is key, you don't want on any day to net under BMR so on those days eat back the excess to get you over.

If you find that your exercise is taking you under a lot, then you are using the incorrect activity level...consider the next one up.

I too can't keep the sodium at bay and you know what...I GIVE UP! I eat so healthy, but man the sodium still gets me because I eat organic processed foods...oh well...

Keep up the great work man!

Lucia
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    I have trouble with the sodium and the sugar. next week getting healthy stuff. keep doing what you are doing. your diary looks good.I noticed you haven't been tracking your water. I found water is helping me a lot on my weight.
  • bradthemedic
    Ok, well just to remind you that your activity is already factored in, so you don't need to eat back your exercise calories unless your burn takes you under your BMR. I did see that a couple times...that is key, you don't want on any day to net under BMR so on those days eat back the excess to get you over.

I have a hard time with this it seems.
    So my FOOD (from MFP) should be 2900 (according to Scooby's) UNLESS my net calories is under my BMR. Is that correct? I think that would finally put all this confusion to rest for me.
  • mishkat
    mishkat Posts: 99 Member

I have a hard time with this it seems.
    So my FOOD (from MFP) should be 2900 (according to Scooby's) UNLESS my net calories is under my BMR. Is that correct? I think that would finally put all this confusion to rest for me.

That is correct. Only time you will eat exercise calories back is when "net" drops below BMR. Otherwise "food" should total your goal (tdee or cut value set by you) at the end of the day. =)
  • bradthemedic
    Thank you!!
    That helps considerably
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    hi ya

i have a watchful eye over my sodium and so i understand ... i like to keep mine around 2200 too. I have noticed one of the biggest in your diary is bready items. I still have these but i limit them not and with dinner esp ... i have meat and plenty of vege, which fill you up too, if i have some calories left over i might have a potato or something with it but only time i have bread is lunch and also weetbix for breakfast.

just an idea
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Hi Brad,

seems like your doing great. I don`t think you have to worry too much. Just keep it real. I think worrying if you have the right numbers ruins the good work your doing sometimes.

At least it does for me.