I'm so excited!

Options
MrsKosal
MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
I know some of this may seem trivial, but it's huge to me!

Before having kids I had a pretty high metabolism. I would have a BM after every time I ate, stayed fit, etc.

Since doing this EMWL business, and weight lifting, I am finally starting to think that my metabolism has started to speed up. I am back to regular BM's....I KNOW TMI...., I feel great about everything I am doing with my metabolism reset, and I don't feel like a slave to the scale. I'm not sabtaboging myself because of a weigh in, or getting down on my efforts because of a number. It feels so great!

I seriously feel amazing today! Today marks one week since my reset too!

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I have spent my entire life either eating very low calorie all the time or eating VLC most of the time and then binge a few days a week.

I have never had regular BM's. I would sometimes go 10 days without going and I was trying everything under the sun to get myself regular including taking a laxative every day. Nothing worked until I started eating more. Now I go every day and sometimes twice and no laxatives!

it's really life changing.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Lord have mercy...not too much TMI at all...glad you are sharing because so many people have or have had the same experience or going through the lack of BM's and maybe this may be the thread to help them decide to up...so keep on sharing...

SSgtwifey...so proud of you for sticking it out through the hump...I know you were soooo worried, so I am just loving hearing you say the things you are...makes me want to cry for real!!!:smile:
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    Lord have mercy...not too much TMI at all...glad you are sharing because so many people have or have had the same experience or going through the lack of BM's and maybe this may be the thread to help them decide to up...so keep on sharing...

SSgtwifey...so proud of you for sticking it out through the hump...I know you were soooo worried, so I am just loving hearing you say the things you are...makes me want to cry for real!!!:smile:

You have been a huge inspiration to me! You have no idea! Thank you so much for giving me hope! I seriously felt like I would have needed to just starve myself to lose any weight. Nothing else was working. I can't tell you how much better I feel already! I can't wait to finally have my life back and feel confident again.
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    I have spent my entire life either eating very low calorie all the time or eating VLC most of the time and then binge a few days a week.

I have never had regular BM's. I would sometimes go 10 days without going and I was trying everything under the sun to get myself regular including taking a laxative every day. Nothing worked until I started eating more. Now I go every day and sometimes twice and no laxatives!

it's really life changing.

Glad it's working for you too!!! That's awesome!
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    Oh gosh. I feel you! Ever since I started this. I have not HAD any binge eating! I mean it! I am not craving about crazy food anymore. I started to think WOW, it was because I was under eating. So wheN my body realize it want more food, I quickly think about bad food.. When I eat more, I don't really think about them too much. I'll have them when I want. But not everyday! It is amazing! My energy has gotten better. but this week I'm kinda tired and all. but its ok, I can see how my mental and emotional are getting better! I love this!
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    Oh gosh. I feel you! Ever since I started this. I have not HAD any binge eating! I mean it! I am not craving about crazy food anymore. I started to think WOW, it was because I was under eating. So wheN my body realize it want more food, I quickly think about bad food.. When I eat more, I don't really think about them too much. I'll have them when I want. But not everyday! It is amazing! My energy has gotten better. but this week I'm kinda tired and all. but its ok, I can see how my mental and emotional are getting better! I love this!

Isn't it crazy? Same thing here! I do not binge at all or crave those things. And can still have a cookie or two at night and not feel guilty!
  • laylamurphy
    laylamurphy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ssgtwifey - were you previously on the WW military chat board? I think I recognize your screen name.

How long have you been EMTLW? I've been browsing the chat boards here and just came across this group so have been reading up and trying to learn more. Definitley an interesting take on WL!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Something else that helps me with BM is this thing I add to my shakes or sometimes just make a shake by itself. My husband refers to it -- Wait TMI but hey I am not shy -- Pooping Shake :embarassed:

It is called Super Seed Beyond Fiber by Garden of Life. I don't have it in front of me but it has various types of sprouted seeds. I only take 1 scoop a day. It is all natural and very healthy for you. I have been taking it for 2 years (pretty much since I got serious about getting my sexy back) and it works great. It make take an adjustment period and drinking lots of water is necessary (like it is when eating lots of fiber).

I get if from Amazon and you can check out the product and the reviews there.
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    ssgtwifey - were you previously on the WW military chat board? I think I recognize your screen name.

How long have you been EMTLW? I've been browsing the chat boards here and just came across this group so have been reading up and trying to learn more. Definitley an interesting take on WL!

YES!!!! That's me!!!! I stopped WW not longer after they did the PP system. I just wasn't motivated by it anymore and wasn't getting anywhere after eating such low calories for so long. Definitely read up on the stickied posts on this board. It's been a life changer for me already.