I keep going over my TDEE!

Options
TripleJ3
TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
One day over wouldn't bother me, and I am sure I go a tad over everyday anyway. But these last few nights I have been so hungry and go WAY over my TDEE.

I wish I could be in bed by 10:30 every night, but that rarely happens(My youngest is really hard to get down and when I do get her asleep...That is my only me time to unwind a bit). Sometimes I think I am just so tired that I get hungry since I am not getting sleep so that frustrates me. Its one thing if I am just truly hungry, but if its just because I need sleep......For whatever reason I have started waking up at 6am every morning and not able to go back to sleep! My alarm is set for 6:45am.

I am in my second week of the reset and 5th week of upping my cals.

Did anyone else go through this??

Everyone else is always having trouble eating enough calories, I can't seem to stop eating over my 2643!:tongue:

I love food and all, and love being able to eat more but the main goal will be to lose some inches and at the rate I am going my inches will never leave!

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Do you have your macros set to 40/30/30 carbs, protein, fat? I find when I am getting all my protein in then I'm way less hungry and less snacky feeling.
  • CleanandLean33
    Options
    Are you sure you got the right activity level too when working out your TDEE?
    Also I too eat lots and often go over my cut but protien and eating clean makes things easier
  • trosewine
    trosewine Posts: 88
    Options
    I agree with trying to add more protein, but another thing I do with "snacks" is try to keep them around 200 cals...once they start creeping up to 300-400 it gets out of control for me. 100-200 cals seems to be enough for me to quell the hunger or that psychological need to reach for food. If you do that during your daytime snacks, then your night time snack won't put you over on cals??
  • TripleJ3
    Options
    Yes, I have my macros set up and I do usually come up just under my protein.

The eating clean....well I have always been a clean eater. I have gotten cleaner through-out the years and it didn't really help me to lose weight. I was healthy, but always overweight. I still feel like I eat clean depending on what your definition is. Since I have started EM2WL I have been allowing myself to eat things I wouldn't before so no, I am no longer the perfect eater. I still make most of my foods and I feel like I don't eat much sugar sugar since it makes me sleepy.

I'll eat fruit, coconut palm crystals, 100% maple syrup but I don't feel like I go overboard.

I have actually been cutting back on my workouts and trying to rest more.

I lift 3x a week, then have cut down my hour to hour and a half run/walk to 3-4 days. I still have been taking small walks with my daughters 2-3 times a week on my lifting days. Plus then all the normal house, kid and yard cleaning.

hmmmm, kind of does sound like a lot.......
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options
    to answer your question....YES!!! Every time I've upped calories ( I started uppinng about 3 months ago and am now doing the total reset so am upping again) I am SO.STARVING.ALL.THE.TIME!!! It's so annoying but I think it's actually reassuring! It tells me that my body is saying "thank you, I've been so hungry!". My metabolism just burns through what I'm eating and I'm hungry an hour later! I just try to eat lots of healthy food, high protein and it helps a little but to be honest there are just some days that no matter WHAT I do, I still feel super hungry!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS want to snack in the evening when I'm all alone watching t.v. BLISS! LOL! I always make sure I have PLENTY of calories so that I can snack away and stay within my macros. :-)
  • TripleJ3
    Options
    I agree with trying to add more protein, but another thing I do with "snacks" is try to keep them around 200 cals...once they start creeping up to 300-400 it gets out of control for me. 100-200 cals seems to be enough for me to quell the hunger or that psychological need to reach for food. If you do that during your daytime snacks, then your night time snack won't put you over on cals??

I will shoot for that....I was spreading the calories out to help not make my main meals so huge and eating bigger snacks....today I was leaving extra room for more calories for tonight to see if that would help. I will work on that tomorrow, thanks!
  • TripleJ3
    Options
    Thanks ladies!

I guess I always see people saying that can't eat to their goal that I thought I was doing something wrong! I was hoping it was just some extra hungry days and it would pass......
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Whew, I was having that same issue the week before and week of TOM it was ridiculous...lol.

So what I have done the last two evenings and it works like a charm is to leave almost 600 calories for a yummy choc pb banana with a tbs of nestle quick for that after dinner snack before bed and man I am full. I haven't snacked at all on my normal stuff...lol.
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!

I guess I always see people saying that can't eat to their goal that I thought I was doing something wrong! I was hoping it was just some extra hungry days and it would pass......

I've been staying within my calories but I know what you mean - I am ravenous!
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!

i was constantly eating over when i was supposed to be at my cut. guess that's why my transition to TDEE was so easy...i was kinda sorta already eating there.

i would be eating over my TDEE a good bit too, but i've gotten a bit better at budgeting to have more cals available at the end of the day. when i have a crazy hungry day, i just eat my regular sort of stuff when i'm hungry, and if i go over....*shrug*....i just do.
  • TripleJ3
    Options
    Whew, I was having that same issue the week before and week of TOM it was ridiculous...lol.

So what I have done the last two evenings and it works like a charm is to leave almost 600 calories for a yummy choc pb banana with a tbs of nestle quick for that after dinner snack before bed and man I am full. I haven't snacked at all on my normal stuff...lol.

lol, 600 is about what I left for today! A protein shake then room for more!
  • TripleJ3
    Options
    Alright, I am feeling a bit better...I know its only been a few days but I was feeling like this was going to continue! A person would think 2643 calories should be plenty!
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Ha! So it's NOT that I'm a disgusting out of control pig, lmao. My TDEE is 2000 and I've overshot it just about every day the last few days since I decided to try this eating at TDEE business. I'm ravenous suddenly.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I was going over often a week or 2 ago (still am), and I actually started losing weight! When our metabolisms are right, we will feel hunger when we are hungry. TOM is still a bugger though. :)