Diet drinks

What do you all think... Diet drinks good? Bad?

Ima diet come addict but I keep reading conflicting advice about sweetners and weightloss and appertite...
What do you'll think?

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    What do you all think... Diet drinks good? Bad?

Ima diet come addict but I keep reading conflicting advice about sweetners and weightloss and appertite...
    What do you'll think?

I am on the fence about them. I personally ditched all sodas and drink only water and tea now. I do have probably a diet Dr Pepper once or twice a month though
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    I have one every other week or so. About the only one I'll drink is Cherry Coke Zero. Most of them taste terrible.
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    I still have a diet coke about once or twice a month. I don't like sweet drinks so the regular pops are gross to me. Weird thing is, I used to be an avid diet coke drinker (at least one a day) until I started eating more and then I just stopped...didn't care if I had one or not and was happier with my watered down iced tea or water. I didn't even consciously decide to give it up...it just kinda happened.
  • trosewine
    trosewine Posts: 88
    If it doesn't slow down the weghtloss, I wouldn't worry about it. I drink diet soda or have splenda in coffee or tea almost daily (I have cut back to about one a day, though...). It hasn't been proven one way or the other that those things are a hindrance. Most of the "data" is anecdotal. I found that I needed to get really consistent with my TDEE-15% plus make sure I get enough protein before I look at other, probably less significant, factors that can hinder weightloss.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    I recently went 11 weeks without them then starting drinking them again n my mood levels dropped significantly over the 8 weeks I drank them so I quit again about 3 weeks ago....my moods/depression have improved so much since....motivation for this healthy lifestyle is back and I am thinking so much clearer. So it's not the impact on weight loss for me it's how they effect my hormone levels n impact me mentally

Kazz :)
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    I am addicted to diet coke. I quit drinking it as much as I used to (4-5 cans a day). They say that it can trigger you to eat sweets, but I don't have that problem so I still drink them. I try to cut down on a lot of processed unhealthy stuff but I don't want to get rid of all of it.
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    I never drank them prior to 10 weeks ago... and I really only have maybe 2 a month, but it tastes like a treat to me! I think I've had the same 12 pack for months now LOL Love the diet cherry coke! I am not a big soda drinker anyway (always drinking water, decaf tea and seltzer), but it's nice to have a treat!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I also have a diet coke problem (I have 2 cans per day). I get a headache if I don't drink one. BUT I have a 6 month old and a 3 year old and it keeps me sane to have it.

At some point I plan to ditch the habit but I'm not quite ready yet.
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    The issue I have with anything diet is that artificial sweetners. Aspartame has been linked to many different health issues as well as depression. I have inflammatory arthritis and aspartame is a huge trigger for me. So if anyone else is curious about the health risks of Aspartame look it up.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Oh wow, I was soooo addicted to diet coke. I haven't had a sip in over a year and a half and I feel sooo much better. I think if you can do them in moderation, it's okay...but I just was never able to do that.
  • Thanks guys that's super useful :-) I suffer with low moods too so now I'm thinking about quitting my doet coke habit for a bit to see how it makes me feel