Waist Shrinking!!!

Hi Y'all,

I've been eating 2000 cals (my cut) for maybe 5.5 weeks or so? I try not to stress on how long these days. I really like the relaxed timeline we all embrace here.

Anyway, today (after eating 2500 or so yesterday, even) I measured my waist and it's 29.5 inches! I've been 31 or so for months. I really was just hoping not to have gotten bigger.

Hips have gone down a half inch, too. This is a miracle.

Weight lifting + EM2WL has started paying off. I gained a little at first (puffed up), but now it's getting better.

YAY!!!

Thanks, all of you for the support. I mostly lurked, but reading all of your posts helped more than I could say.

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS! I'm not lifting, but I'm 5 weeks into EM with no success yet. This gives me hope! I could care less about the scale. Inches, baby!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Great to hear! That is awesome!

I am right there with you on not really counting down the days. I am doing the reset so I do have the day to cut on my calendar but I am not really waiting for the days to pass either. So far the days seem to fly by!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    congrats
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    lol I didn't know that eating more to lose weight had an acronym now ;) Congrats! Fantastic work! I love lifting too :)
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Yahooooooo!!!!!!
  • nyspotlight
    nyspotlight Posts: 124
    Thanks, guys. I was really having my doubts. I didn't think I was gonna gain so much as have no progress. I felt like I had "done this" before. But I had never really kept it up. I always gave up and tried a drastic diet. Sticking it out is working so far.

Let's hope this keeps up.

If it does, I may post a real picture in a few weeks. Instead of my (admittedly, quite fetching) cat.
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Oh this is so awesome! Congrats!! :)
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Congrats on your loss! That's fantastic!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Yay successes like this help my motivation to EM
  • Awesome!
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    great to hear! i will be shouting from the roof tops when i get under 30" !