Hypothyroidism and setting macros

CamyLoo
CamyLoo Posts: 39 Member
Hi, I'm new to this group and have learned a lot already from reading all the posts. I have been doing a 900 calorie high protein low fat and low carb diet with hcg injections. I have lost 20 pounds in the 56 days on it. I started thinking that I don't want to be dependent on the hcg and wanted to find a way to lose my weight without it. I tried doing the 900 calories without the hcg and I was very hungry and also gaining weight. A friend told me about mfp to track my calories and luckily I found this group. Eating more to lose more makes so much sense to me. I know I will have some gain at first and I'm pretty sure that I need to do the reset but it will be well worth it in the long run.

Now for my question, I have my macros set at 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat, 30 fiber and 2500 sodium as recommeded, but I am very carb sensitive and was wondering what I should set my macros at to lower my carb intake?

Replies

• CamyLoo
    CamyLoo Posts: 39 Member
    I forgot to mention that I have hypothyroidism and I'm on a medication for it.
  • patty43ck
    patty43ck Posts: 248 Member
    Hi Cami! I am hypothyroid to and have just started this journey myself. You have your macros correct. Just make sure that your carbs are the good kind and you will be ok. I have been eating a fuller calorie load for 3 days now and I have so much more energy and as you know a person with thyroid issues tend to be low energy most of the time. Also, make sure you add heavy lifting to your workout routine. It will make all the difference in the world. I already feel so much stronger after 2 weeks of lifting. I was able to get down on the kitchen floor last night and do 10 full on regular pushups without much effort (I was showing off for my hubby :)) I must say I am feeling pretty darn good for a 43 year old woman!!