What a difference a day makes!

Kincar
Kincar Posts: 601 Member
Just yesterday I was contemplating coming here to post a help thread. I was feeling so discouraged. I needed some encouragement.

I'd increased my calories a couple of months ago. I initially gained and held on to 2.5 pounds. After three weeks they came off and I lost two more lbs. This was after two months of pretty much no loss. A couple of weeks ago got a BMF. I burn 2200 to 2700 cals a day now that I'm not working (I am off for the summer). I burned around 3000 when I was teaching. I was only eating 1600 (plus exercise cals). I increased my calories again for a 250 deficit and gained 3 lbs. That's when I got very discouraged.

Tonight, I wanted to wear jeans to the store, but the ones that fit me are in the wash (I've been a tad lazy with the wash now that we're out of school :blushing: ). So, just for the heck of it, I tried on my "skinny" jeans - jeans I haven't worn in two years. They fit! When I came home, I decided to push my luck and try on another pair of jeans that I love, but were a little smaller than the one I'd worn tonight. I tried them on a week ago and they were too tight for me to wear. They fit too!

I went from down in the dumps to feeling great in just 24 hours. Awesome!!! All thanks to eating more! I can eat 2000 calories a day and finally fit into my smallest pair of jeans!

Replies

• KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Fitting into skinny jeans.... AWESOME!! :bigsmile:
    Thats a great nsv Kincar! Congrats!! :flowerforyou:
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    What a great feeling!!!!!! :drinker:
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    How awesome is that!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    What a great feeling!
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Love this, congrats! So sum it up, you have lost how many pounds vs.how many jeans sizes?
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Fabulous :happy:
  • ji225
    ji225 Posts: 89 Member
    That is amazing and puts it all into perspective for a lot of us I think - keep going and keep eating more and fueling our amazing bodies! :)
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    So cool! Thanks for sharing. I love how in this group, each person's victory feels like a boost to all the rest of us. :)
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    So cool! Thanks for sharing. I love how in this group, each person's victory feels like a boost to all the rest of us. :)

wow, this feels very true!

Congratulations :) now go throw out your scale....
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Fitting into skinny jeans and then skinnier jeans is a MAJOR victory!!!!!

Cheers to you....:drinker:
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 994 Member
    That's awesome, congrats!!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    I definitely needed to read this today! I am having a down dat after feeling awesome yesterday! My before pics got me down, but I am doing something about it, so I need to just stop!
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    I definitely need this post. thanks girl! way to go girl!
  • patty43ck
    patty43ck Posts: 248 Member
    This motivates me to stay off the scale even more!! Yay for you!! Awesome NSV!!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    YAY! That's great :) Congrats on your success so far!
  • kchris41
    kchris41 Posts: 38 Member
    Congrats!!! So glad to hear your success!
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Thanks, everyone!
    Love this, congrats! So sum it up, you have lost how many pounds vs.how many jeans sizes?

I'm down about 10 - 15 lbs and two sizes. I was down one size before weight lifting & eating more. Since then, I've lost about 4 lbs and gone down another size.

ETA: I'm so not the type of person to drop a few pounds and go down a size. Normally it takes me at least 10 lbs before I drop a size thanks to my thighs. So 4 lbs = one pants size is amazing for me.

I feel the same way, which I why I decided to post instead of keeping it myself. These types of posts keep me going so I figured I'd add one more.

Karen