Insanity challenge starting June 11, 2012???? Anyone! :)

Options
Im looking for new friends and people who are willing to go on this insanity journey with me. I know its going to be tough but I can push through and would love encouragement and to help others get through this 60 day challenge. So if you are up for it message me and add me as a friend! :)

Replies

• bluejones
    bluejones Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm new to the group, but I am starting Insanity on Monday, June 11 as well... would love to have a workout pal!!! This is my first attempt at Insanity, so I'm a little nervous... but I keep telling myself it's only 60 days!! :-)
  • ivelisse87
    ivelisse87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm new to myfitnesspal and am also going to start Insanity on Monday :)
  • SemperFi91
    SemperFi91 Posts: 169
    Options
    Exactly only 60 days ladies! :) We can do it together!
  • annie422
    annie422 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Monday the 11th too. I took my fitness test today and will re-take on Monday. Good luck everyone!
  • luvboo88
    luvboo88 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am also going to start Insanity on Monday, June 11 :). I did the fit test last night, just to see what it was like... It is nooo joke lol. I'm excited to do this though! No matter how hard it is I'm going the whole 60 days!
  • bluejones
    Options
    I took my fit test last night too... OMG!! I wore my heart rate monitor/calorie counter just to get an idea of what I was in for... burned 500+ calories in about 25 minutes... SMH! lol, I'm looking forward to officially starting on Monday!! Good Luck Ladies, I plan to check in here daily just to share my experiences and see how it's going for everyone!!

Would anybody be intersted in posting our fit test results here, just to share/motivate each other and to get a visual of our Fit Test progress?
  • luvboo88
    Options
    Hey bluejones, what kind of heart rate monitor do you have? I need one, I figure it'll be kind of expensive. I think I'll be more motivated if I know how much work I'm really doing and getting out of it though. I will post my fit test Monday.. I'm very out of shape though, so we'll see... Lol. 60 days... We can do this :)
  • bluejones
    Options
    LOL, after attempting that fit test, I realized that I'm more out of shape than I thought!! :embarassed:

I'm not sure what the brand is (I'll look when I get home), but I picked it up at Walmart, I bought it a while ago, but it wasn't very expensive, less than $30. There are different varieties, but I have the stopwatch type monitor. I can monitor my heart rate and calories... I'm sure there are some better ones out there, but this one does what I need it to do, so it works!!
  • SemperFi91
    Options
    Blue jones we should definately post our fit test on here and also i will be checking in everyday to see how everyones doing and to share my experiences. :)
  • annie422
    Options
    Completed my fit test today (day 1 of Insanity). Here are my results:
    switch kicks = 70 (but they were low - need to get my kicks higher)
    power jacyk = 55
    power kneww = 85
    power jumps = 25
    globe jumps = 8
    suicide jumps = 15
    push-up jacks = 20
    low plank oblique = 65

ugghhh, I'm tired :) the test is 25 minutes, not sure what I'll do with a 40 minute workout ! :) Good luck everyone!
  • Nate5711
    Nate5711 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in! I don't get to take my fit test until around 4pm today, but I will admit there is a bit of nervous anticipation. I can't wait to get started!
  • bluejones
    Options
    OMG!!!! Just completed my fit test.... still catching my breath as I type!! :noway:

Fit Test results:

Switch Kicks = 87
    Power Jacks = 39
    Power knees = 92
    Power Jumps = 21
    Globe Jumps = 6 (OMG, these were brutal!!)
    Suicide Jumps = 11
    Push-up Jacks = 16
    Low Plank Obliques = 38

Tomorrow... it's going down!!!! :wink:
  • luvboo88
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie... I hate that fit test lol... Here are my results:

Switch Kicks: 91
    Power Jacks: 26
    Power Knees: 87
    Power Jumps: 37
    Globe Jumps: 5
    Suicide Jumps: 13
    Push-up Jacks: 14
    Low Plank Obliques: 66

.........What am I gonna do tomorrow...... Lol. I'm still ready though! :)

59 DAYS TO GO! Doesn't sound so bad........... Ha :)
  • annie422
    Options
    Ok, day 2: Plyometric Cardio Circuit: Burn fat with intervals of intense lower-body plyometrics and sweat-inducing cardio. (40 minutes)

I'll be up at 6:00am to do mine. Good luck everyone!!!
  • SemperFi91
    Options
    Amazing job everyone! Did you remember to take your before pictures and measurements so we can get our free shirts and all look sexy in them! Haha. :)

Day 1- Fit test

Switch Kicks-58
    Power Jacks-25
    Power Knee-70
    Power Jump-14
    Globe Jumps-4
    Suicide Jumps-8
    Pushup Jacks-15
    Low Plank Oblique-20

Keep in mind im way over weight im 5'10 and 228

Measurements.....-

chest-42
    right arm-14
    left arm-14
    waist-40
    hips-47
    right thigh-26
    left thigh-26
    weight-228

Yeah.... I got curves lmao! Good luck tomorrow shall be interesting!
  • bluejones
    Options
    Congrats to everyone for completing day 1... I don't know about you, but I'm nervous about day 2... that fit test was no joke!! LOL... but I'm ready, it's all about making progress!!!

@ Annie422 I'll be up at 6 working out too... trying to make my morning workouts a habit!! Good Luck!!!
  • Julieelliott12
    Julieelliott12 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm a little ahead of you guys, I'm on day 4, Just finished my cardio recovery and wow it was needed. I could barely walk when I got out of bed but the recovery helped. ALOT. I stilled burned almost 400 calories doing it,but it sure didn't feel like it.

My fit test looks like this:

switch kicks 60
    power jacks 30
    power knees 60
    power jumps 21
    globe jumps 8
    suicide jumps 10
    push up jacks 21
    low plank oblique 36

I didn't weigh when I started, but I got 2 day into it and had to stop b/c my mom went into the hospital. Now that she gets out tomorrow I started again. Today I weigh 112.4lb. After doing a month of p90x I found myself gaining pounds nad inches, due to the fact that I was eating too much protein and too much food in general. My goal is to tone, not build muscle, so I got Insanity and figured i'd give it a try. I can barely make it through 30 minutes of most of the workouts, but I try. I have to go slow to medium on all the exercises, fast makes me too dizzy and want to fall over (which I have done a few times LOL) so I will work my way up to fast.

How're you guys doing? How did your first workout go?
  • Nate5711
    Nate5711 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello All,

I took my fit test yesterday and it Kicked my a@#! I enjoy reading everyones post. This is a great motivation tool. Good luck on day two.
  • sinsrhythm
    sinsrhythm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey today 6/12/12 is day #3..we can encourage eachother :)
  • sinsrhythm
    sinsrhythm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i did cardio plyo yesterday..it was the hardest thing i have ever done..today my everything hurts