Any ideas on what to do now? help!

twoboys2012
twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
Hi all ...

I need some pointers. I am sick at the moment (I have a cold and blocked nose ... the works :sad: ) and hard to get any exercise in and I was wondering what i would do.

Do I got down to the lesser activity level or stay eating what i am which is probably way too much for not doing any exercise. This may only be for this week so not sure but I don't wanna muck around.

I realise that when you up and down with your cals it can have bad effects and so would hate to do that but i am eating too much for what i should i am thinking. :noway:

Any ideas are welcome. Thanks

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    How long have u been eating on a deficit?
    If its 4 weeks or more...then I'd actually just keep eating what I usually eat. They say that a week of eating TDEE after a month or 6 weeks of deficit is wonderful to reset your metabolism and even break a plateau! So... might be just what your body needs, especially since you are sick and your body needs nutrients to heal.
    Good luck hun, I really hope you are well very soon!! :flowerforyou:
  • twoboys2012
    I have been eating 15% cut for 7 weeks and lost cm's but not weight ... so I have seen some progress.

Yeah I was wondering if for now I could just stuff myself with good foods. Just didn't want to stuff things up.

So do you reckon i shoul deat my TDEE or continue at my cut (on moderate) even though no exercise?????

Thanks karin
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    I'd eat in between...hehe... Just for in case. So maybe get a midway figure between TDEE and your cut amount?
    It depends on you I think...if you find yourself okay with TDEE then go for it! I'm not there yet, so I would struggle, but I think you should at least still eat your cut yes without exercise. Your body has become accustomed to that many calories, you dont want to confuse it again with eating less. I know its horrible being sick, but just maybe this will break your plateau for weight loss... :wink:
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    It's hard when your sick, but I would say to just keep your calories consistent, maybe you can continue with some light exercise. I'm sure the extra food wil help with your recovery.
    Feel better soon!
  • twoboys2012
    It's hard when your sick, but I would say to just keep your calories consistent, maybe you can continue with some light exercise. I'm sure the extra food wil help with your recovery.
    Feel better soon!

Thanks ... I will try to get something in if i can manage to unblock my nose temporarily hehehe ... i'll hang in there

• GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Hey Karin, my cold must have spread from my iPad to you. I get it, my head cold is just about gone after a week. I ate at tdee (15% cut and the scales actually dropped by only 100g but I certainly didn't expect that as I had no exercise at all for 7 days. So my advice would be eat at tdee if you can, get those vitamins in.

Take care and look after yourself:flowerforyou:
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Lots of great advice! I think, too, that your body is going to burn more calories naturally when you are sick - especially if you are running a fever. So I don't think pushing yourself to exercise is going to help you get better. There is a very old saying to "feed a cold, starve a fever" Never made sense to me, but maybe it's true. Hope you feel better soon.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    When I had bronchitis for a week, I ate at my TDEE minus 15% and had my best weekly loss ever - go figure LOL.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Feel better soon!

Thanks ... I will try to get something in if i can manage to unblock my nose temporarily hehehe ... i'll hang in there

Yes I would too would continue with same cals.

Feel better hun:flowerforyou:

Lucia