I think its happening... :)

KarinFit4Life
KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
Im now exactly 5 weeks into eating more (properly this time), week 6 starts today.
And it seems I've broken my 3 MONTH plateau!! *Happy dance*!!
Last week I had a 400g loss (almost 1lbs). Thought, "okay, niiice". Then a few days later I checked again and there was a 1kg (2.2lbs) GAIN...ugh.
But I decided to laugh it off as it was after lifting day and I refused to be upset by it.
So this morning back on the scale (Friday is my weighing day usually) and I lost another 400g (almost 1lbs) from my previous loss! Yeah! If I want to take the 2.2lb gain more seriously, that would mean I lost 3lbs in a few days...hehe.

It really does take 4 - 6 (maybe 8) weeks for the magic to happen! People, stick with it!!!
Im so not a patient person, but this has honestly taught me to be patient and it will pay off.
PATIENCE GUYS! Dont get discouraged, please!
Nothing of worth is supposed to be too easy...the more you work for it, the more you appreciate it. :smile:

And I have to say, I really do think that the weight lifting gets part of the credit, its awesome. BUT, to do weight lifting you need to fuel your body well or it will not work! So... EMTWL and lifting - MAGIC! I'm not saying it doesnt work without lifting, I know it does, the lifting just changes your body for you.

I've lost in 5 weeks (only 3 weeks of lifting):
2cm off my waist (0.79inch)
2cm off my hips (0.79inch)
1cm off my tummy (0.39inch)
1cm off my chest (0.39inch)

Thank you Lucia and Kiki - you have given everyone something amazing here and are changing lives. No words can explain what this group means. :heart: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    I have a question for you ...

I have also lost 6cm total in the last 6 weeks and i am stoked with that as it has come off my wobbly belly mostly ... only prob is that I have not seen any movement on scales. I have recently decided to put scales away for the month of June so who knows what it is doing right now but my thoughts were with you and if you have seen anything on the scale as well as tape measure.

I am happy as with the measurements but was wondering when the scales would move and if they have with you ... as I don't think that i will be slim one day and still 90kg!!!! The scales is def have to go down at some stage. I just wondered if i was to expect it soon or if i need to tweak anything.

Thanks
    :flowerforyou:
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    *happydance*

That's just to great to hear that the success sets in. It's happening for quit a few people at the moment.

Hope I will see some results after my reset
  • KarinFit4Life

I have also lost 6cm total in the last 6 weeks and i am stoked with that as it has come off my wobbly belly mostly ... only prob is that I have not seen any movement on scales. I have recently decided to put scales away for the month of June so who knows what it is doing right now but my thoughts were with you and if you have seen anything on the scale as well as tape measure.

I am happy as with the measurements but was wondering when the scales would move and if they have with you ... as I don't think that i will be slim one day and still 90kg!!!! The scales is def have to go down at some stage. I just wondered if i was to expect it soon or if i need to tweak anything.

Thanks

I know what you mean when you say the cm's is great but at some point that scale has to move!? I have been at the same weight for 3 MONTHS before this finally happened. Honestly, I'm not sure what to point to exactly as the reason...
    I think though that finding "your magic number" of calories is one of them. I ate at 1800 for quite a while, or tried to, some days were under some over. Nothing happened. Then I upped now recently to 1900, eating some days under, some days over...but, if I work out my average its much closer to 1900 now where it was under 1800 before! So...even 100calories can make a difference it seems! And the weight lifting is working very well for me too.
    You are ill now, and I really do think you should stick to your cut calories through out it even with no exercising like I said in your thread. Then when you start exercising again, wait a week and see if the scale has moved. Otherwise try adding or cutting 100 cals and wait to see...I found this is all about finding what works for YOU. Its trial and error unfortunately, you need to try different things to see which one is making a change happen.
    Be consistent with drinking your water too, so that water retention is not the culprit that holds back weight.

I wish I had "the answer" for you, but I do know that patience is really a major key player, we get discouraged as time goes by cause we want it soon. Our bodies don't understand that, its not in a hurry. :grumble:
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    This is so great to read. How wonderful for you. I need to keep seeing folk having results to stop myself from messing around with my numbers!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Congrats on your loss!
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Wonderful! Can I ask what your cut % is?
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Thank you for posting this! I'm finishing week 5 with a big fat zero of inches lost. I'm maintaining my inches gain. Did nothing happen until these past couple of weeks? My cut is 2500 so I'm eating more than most. Congratulations!!! So happy for you!
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Yay! I'm happy dancing with you. Patience is SUCH a virtue, but being able to happy dance when the scale moves is FUN!
    I like what you said about finding out what "works for you". The combination of patience and a bit of tweaking is interesting, and probably a lot like other things in life. :)
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Congrats! It's great to hear people sharing that it des work. There seems to o be some discouragement coming from some trying this method, so keep sharing your success!
  • KarinFit4Life

Well I thought it was 15%, but now with my Bodymedia fit I think it was more like 20-25%! And I didnt lose!
    So I upped calories now recently again most days with a big calorie day here and there (I'd say its now more or less 15%) and the scale is moving.
    Consistency is key...try and keep as much days as possible close to that 15% cut, not under it. Life happens, so I did have a few too low days, but I think my couple high days balanced it out.
  • KarinFit4Life
    Thank you for posting this! I'm finishing week 5 with a big fat zero of inches lost. I'm maintaining my inches gain. Did nothing happen until these past couple of weeks? My cut is 2500 so I'm eating more than most. Congratulations!!! So happy for you!

Nope, nothing happened for me until last week. I couldnt see much difference in my measurements either, but my clothes did start feeling a bit looser. Only this morning I got a proper measurement loss finally as well as scale now.
  • KarinFit4Life
    Yay! I'm happy dancing with you. Patience is SUCH a virtue, but being able to happy dance when the scale moves is FUN!
    I like what you said about finding out what "works for you". The combination of patience and a bit of tweaking is interesting, and probably a lot like other things in life. :)

Jip! Tweaking works if you are in it for a number of weeks and you start "knowing" your body...I kept feeling like I stay hungry too often even though I was eating more, in the mornings my stomach grumbled from hunger and its that "feeling" one gets. So I upped my calories a bit higher still (100) and it started feeling better. I don't think I'm done upping...I will up with another 100 in a couple weeks or less to see what happens.
    Trust your instincts and trust your body!
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member

Thanks

I know what you mean when you say the cm's is great but at some point that scale has to move!? I have been at the same weight for 3 MONTHS before this finally happened. Honestly, I'm not sure what to point to exactly as the reason...
    I think though that finding "your magic number" of calories is one of them. I ate at 1800 for quite a while, or tried to, some days were under some over. Nothing happened. Then I upped now recently to 1900, eating some days under, some days over...but, if I work out my average its much closer to 1900 now where it was under 1800 before! So...even 100calories can make a difference it seems! And the weight lifting is working very well for me too.
    You are ill now, and I really do think you should stick to your cut calories through out it even with no exercising like I said in your thread. Then when you start exercising again, wait a week and see if the scale has moved. Otherwise try adding or cutting 100 cals and wait to see...I found this is all about finding what works for YOU. Its trial and error unfortunately, you need to try different things to see which one is making a change happen.
    Be consistent with drinking your water too, so that water retention is not the culprit that holds back weight.

I wish I had "the answer" for you, but I do know that patience is really a major key player, we get discouraged as time goes by cause we want it soon. Our bodies don't understand that, its not in a hurry. :grumble:

Yeah i know ... sometimes i wonder about my numbers but i have asked and people seem to think they are right ... but we are all individual and the numbers are just a rough estimate.

Anyway great stuff on your success!!!

• jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member

Well I thought it was 15%, but now with my Bodymedia fit I think it was more like 20-25%! And I didnt lose!
    So I upped calories now recently again most days with a big calorie day here and there (I'd say its now more or less 15%) and the scale is moving.
    Consistency is key...try and keep as much days as possible close to that 15% cut, not under it. Life happens, so I did have a few too low days, but I think my couple high days balanced it out.

This is good to know, thanks!