30's Daily - 6/8

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)

Replies

• shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My mystery lb is officially gone at today's weigh in, but no additional weight. Oh well, I'll take it! I think I might have seen a bit of rib cage this morning too :bigsmile:

Tomorrow should be an interesting eating day. We're having our annual BBQ with my high school friends at my house. There will be - pasta salad, veggies and dip, shrimp cocktail, antipasto, marinated chicken breasts, veggie burgers, london broil, kielbasa, salad, hot dogs, and dessert. Yikes! Did I mention all this food for 11 adults and 7 kids? LOL. We do it pot luck style so there's always a ton left over. Oh yeah, don't forget wine and beer :drinker: I'm glad weigh in was today :laugh:
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Debbie, that sounds soooooo good. Again, a desperate need for a "drooling" emoticon on here. Seriously MFP, it only makes sense!!

Anyway, interview today at 1:30. I'm tired, grouchy, nervous, and feeling completely unprepared - awesome! :tongue: I hope to be in better spirits by then though. If nothing else, I am at least confident that I will look the part. I had no idea what I was going to wear. When I got into my closet I went for my old navy blue suit first. It's been hiding in the back corner of my closet since we moved into our house, and I can't remember how long it had been before that since I'd worn it. I tried not to get my hopes too high for it to fit . . .

Slipped on the skirt, got it zipped, no problem . . . good. Now for the jacket - I always seem to have problems with suit jackets because I have a broad ribcage and my upper arms have always seemed "big" to me. Slipped it on, it fit! Buttoned all three buttons. I have to say that the suit actually looks as though it's been tailored exactly to my body. Definitely a confidence booster. :happy:

I will try to post a picture later today - I don't have it on yet because it's "casual day" at the office so me showing up in a suit would be a dead giveaway that I am going on an interview rather than taking my son to the eye doctor. :ohwell: I really hate lying. Not only am I bad at it, I have serious guilt issues. If I get a new job, I dread telling my current supervisor. I actually like her very much.:frown: Oh well - cross that bridge when I get there, I guess.

Happy Friday!
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    Well, I'm bored, so that makes me want to eat more! I am as many of you may know, surrounded by chocolate here! Yes, I am feeling better and at work today :) Today I had to do a fruit bouquet and so I had extra fruit left. After scarfing down 2 yummy pieces of chocolate a little bit ago, I decided to stuff my face with some fresh cut cantaloupe, honeydew and pineapple and apple (apple covered in chocolate and pineapple half dipped), so that I will be full and not tempted to eat more chocolate! Oh, I figured, since it was a thin layer of chocolate on pineapple and apple it wasnt too bad! lol. let's see how this works!! Going to work out tonight, but can't really push it tonight, since I just had the migraine yesterday :( Damn migraines and sinuses, I can't seem to catch a break! Well, I need to find something productive to do! Have a nice Friday everyone! TGIF!

Susie, way to go and good luck!

Debbie, be strong! If you haven't had a splurge day this month yet, then maybe that can be it? I usually give myself 1 here and there :)
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Susie I hope the interview went well!

Social commitments have kept me from working out since tuesday and I had grand plans to hit the gym after work tonight, but Friday night relaxation has got the best of me! Its officially too hot to run after work here now, so I'm going to get up and go early tomorrow. I'm debating about trying to add short morning runs in the week. I did this last summer and it worked out okay plus it was great to have the free time after work but I leave earlier now than I did then. I tried to run with my camelback on Monday and that just did not work at all so it also looks like I'm going to have to invest in a "hydration belt" aka a fanny pack with a water bottle attached to it :smile:

On a non-fitness note I'm taking on the cats I mentioned a couple weeks ago tomorrow....here's hoping they don't destroy my persian rug :ohwell: